The superslip

TheChief

That's a problem on modern computers. You should be able to fix it by going into the controls settings and setting the action to another key on the keyboard, but in my own experience that doesn't work 100% of the time. Beyond that, I'm not sure what can be done.

That's a problem on modern computers.

​It's not a computer problem... It's a keyboard limitation.

You could try different keyboards, but really it's easier to change the controls.

Well, I'm playing Lego Racers on my Windows 8.1 Acer Aspire V3 laptop, with superslip set to SPACE. And I can tell that the spacebar of my laptop is not broken...

Well, I'm playing Lego Racers on my Windows 8.1 Acer Aspire V3 laptop, with superslip set to SPACE. And I can tell that the spacebar of my laptop is not broken...

​Nothing's broken. The keyboard just wasn't designed so that that combination of keys can be pressed together. Many keyboards act the same.

See: https://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/content/projects/KeyboardGhostingDemo.aspx

Press a combination of keys on that and you'll see what combinations work and which don't.

Goodness, man, they've been calling it a 'powerslide' for years. Why you going and change the words for things? 

I get a beeping noise whenever I hit a ghost key. I dunno if that's a windows feature or a PS/2 thing or if my keyboard is just really special.

I get a beeping noise whenever I hit a ghost key. I dunno if that's a windows feature or a PS/2 thing or if my keyboard is just really special.

​The beeping noise is coming from your computer. I just tried it on mine and got no beeps. I'm not sure if it's a feature of the OS or the motherboard. I've never tried to find out. :nick:

It's basically saying the keyboard input is overloaded.

Ghosting is actually when you press keys and another one you aren't pressing appears to be pressed. The word seems to be used wrongly now. :|

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.