LEGO Universe Inventory System in Unity3D

allenallenallen333

allenallenallen333

I totally didn't just downloaded icons from LEGO Universe wikia and used them in this video. I swear to Bob. Right, Bob? Bob? You there?

PS: I have no idea how to link YouTube videos...

EDIT: Thanks, Xiron, it worked. 

Edited by allenallenallen333
  • Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

I totally didn't just downloaded icons from LEGO Universe wikia and used them in this video. I swear to Bob. Right, Bob? Bob? You there?

You can actually download the game's original client files, extract them, and use the textures from there. They aren't in a custom format or anything.

Sometimes the video does or doesn't embed... it's weird. Try copying the url while on the video's page and hitting "Enter" after pasting it. It should automatically created an embedded version.

allenallenallen333

You can actually download the game's original client files, extract them, and use the textures from there. They aren't in a custom format or anything.

Sometimes the video does or doesn't embed... it's weird. Try copying the url while on the video's page and hitting "Enter" after pasting it. It should automatically created an embedded version.

​Yeah, I know. But what about legal issues? I thought that's how Kevin got shot down when he tried to rebuild LU with all of LU's original files. 

I don't know much about what Kevin did, but LUNI uses the original client and it hasn't been obliterated (the leader left the project and I'm not sure if it's still being worked on, but TLG didn't do that, that's thanks to TimTech). I'm sure using the the textures wouldn't be a problem as long as it's not being used in anything commercial.

allenallenallen333

I don't know much about what Kevin did, but LUNI uses the original client and it hasn't been obliterated (the leader left the project and I'm not sure if it's still being worked on, but TLG didn't do that, that's thanks to TimTech). I'm sure using the the textures wouldn't be a problem as long as it's not being used in anything commercial.

​Really? Hmm, that would certainly make things easier for me. Anyway, I'm not going to use LU's models. At most, I'll just use the textures and icons. 

It would be easier to use LU's models, I saw on someone's page on the LU wiki how you can just extract entire worlds, however I forget whose. What exactly is the goal of your project anywho?

allenallenallen333

It would be easier to use LU's models, I saw on someone's page on the LU wiki how you can just extract entire worlds, however I forget whose. What exactly is the goal of your project anywho?

​I want to replicate mostly the systems and specific mechanics of LU, but nothing more. I'm not really interested in using the same worlds. I disliked the way LU did its factions. I want more interactive and special features. My goal for now is just to replicate the systems and mechanics in parts. Once I have everything pretty much done, I'll put it all together and maybe make a playable game out of it. <-- That's going to take a long time though.

lol username

You mean "Kelvin". When you say "Kevin" I think of this.

Kelvin was using LU models and XNA to do one of those remake-LU-in-another-engine things. He got a cease and desist notice.

allenallenallen333

You mean "Kelvin". When you say "Kevin" I think of this.

Kelvin was using LU models and XNA to do one of those remake-LU-in-another-engine things. He got a cease and desist notice.

​Ah, yes, Kelvin. It's been too long that I forgot his name. Thought I was missing a letter somewhere. Anyway, he did get a notice from LEGO Group. So how come LUNI is fine?

allenallenallen333

LUNI has seen no success.

​Well, yeah, it won't and can't work out. I'm still curious as to why LEGO Group didn't send a notice to LUNI. 

LUNI has seen no success.

​Well, yeah, it won't and can't work out. I'm still curious as to why LEGO Group didn't send a notice to LUNI. 

​Because it has seen no success.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not the XNA game engine, it's the original game engine (Gamebryo) which LEGO Universe used. 

I didn't get or receive a formal cease and desist notice from the LEGO Group / Day Pitney LLP. It was just a fair warning which sent from The LEGO Universe Moderation Team. And I got something back from them once I agreed to delete the project. 

allenallenallen333

It's not the XNA game engine, it's the original game engine (Gamebryo) which LEGO Universe used. 

I didn't get or receive a formal cease and desist notice from the LEGO Group / Day Pitney LLP. It was just a fair warning which sent from The LEGO Universe Moderation Team. And I got something back from them once I agreed to delete the project. 

Oh hey, Kelvin. How's it going? The last thing I remembered from you was that Dream something project after you took down your LU project.

Oh hey, Kelvin. How's it going? The last thing I remembered from you was that Dream something project after you took down your LU project.

Everything is fine, thanks.

Um...I can't really remember that Dream something project, it should be a long time ago already.  And I already forgot most of the details about my LEGO Universe project too, but I still keep visiting the wiki/ forums of LEGO Universe weekly. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.