Lego "Angry Birds" sets arriving in 2016

Ayliffe

Ayliffe deserves to be promoted to News Reporter. I'm not joking: this is one time when I'm 100% serious, and I think you've done an excellent job so far

​Woooah there Skippy. He's posted one news report. Maybe if he posts more he'll be deserving, but Cyrem/Cirevam isn't exactly handing the red names out.

RacerRabbit

What I want to know is how are they going to make the figures?

​I think they'll just do what they did with the Hulk and just make big-figs with removable arms and nothing else.

Ayliffe deserves to be promoted to News Reporter. I'm not joking: this is one time when I'm 100% serious, and I think you've done an excellent job so far

​Woooah there Skippy. He's posted one news report. Maybe if he posts more he'll be deserving, but Cyrem/Cirevam isn't exactly handing the red names out.

​Ayliffe's done a lot more than one news report. He's been really one the ball as of late, spotting a bunch of LEGO news before me, McStudz or jamesster. It's just that not every piece of news gets its own topic, a lot of it goes into already posted relevant news threads.

Edited by Pereki
  • Like 4

Quisoves Potoo

i'm sad that there hasn't been a space theme in 3 years so why are they making angry birds?

​That assumes that the two are connected. One is a flash-in-the-pan licensed theme, the other a perennial.  I don't see how one negates the other.

Also, it's only been two years since Galaxy Squad. I imagine that Ultra Agents occupies the Space slot.

Quisoves Potoo

i'm sad that there hasn't been a space theme in 3 years so why are they making angry birds?

​That assumes that the two are connected. One is a flash-in-the-pan licensed theme, the other a perennial.  I don't see how one negates the other.

Also, it's only been two years since Galaxy Squad. I imagine that Ultra Agents occupies the Space slot.

​what i'm saying is what happend to the core theme's theme's like star wars and angry birds are great (for lego's pocket book) but what about the classic themes?

​The past eight years have seen the revival of non-licensed space themes (one of which was a Space Police iteration,) two non-licensed pirate themes, a theme in the vein of Rock Raiders, and a cross between Adventurers and the Mummy. Castle and City were never gone. LEGO has hardly been neglecting its heritage.

​what i'm saying is what happend to the core theme's theme's like star wars and angry birds are great (for lego's pocket book) but what about the classic themes?

​The past eight years have seen the revival of non-licensed space themes (one of which was a Space Police iteration,) two non-licensed pirate themes, a theme in the vein of Rock Raiders, and a cross between Adventurers and the Mummy. Castle and City were never gone. LEGO has hardly been neglecting its heritage.

​And let's not forget Benny's Spaceship and the (not entirely Lego's decision, but they did approve it) Exo-Suit. They've also brought back Bionicle.

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator
  • Like 1

Dazzgracefulmoon

​And let's not forget Benny's Spaceship and the (not entirely Lego's decision, but they did approve it) Exo-Suit. They've also brought back Bionicle.

LEGO was in a point where they just kept pushing out new themes that ended atleast 6+ months after launch. But that was 3 years ago and ever since late 2012 to 2013 LEGO Has been having more consistency with themes, (Ninjago, Chima, and the Bionicle Reboot). I think now that LEGO realizes what the older audience wants, and they've been delivering so far.

• 3 weeks later...
RacerRabbit

jbas4nfvf8qmmhwipl4p.jpg

Well. 

This is a thing.

Yup, just as I thought. Big fig with removable arms. Hopefully, the models will be good. Rare parts and colours and all that guff.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

They seriously couldn't be arsed to make the Pig structures easily destructible?

Isn't the whole point of Angry Birds to destroy the buildings of your opponents?

This lego game is going to suck, if its gonna have the same gameplay as the original angry birds its going to be boring as hell, not much difference. 

MaelstromIslander

This lego game is going to suck, if its gonna have the same gameplay as the original angry birds its going to be boring as hell, not much difference. 

What? What LEGO game? Who said there was going to be a LEGO Angry Birds game?

What? What LEGO game? Who said there was going to be a LEGO Angry Birds game?

Oops sorry, I though you guys were talking about the video game.

Wait... I thought Angry Birds was already taken by one of those knock-off brands - not anymore! All I see is another brand-confined theme that doesn't need to exist, but you know it'll sell like hotcakes.

giphy.gif

This topic is only about sets, although I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO produced a game during the line's run. Whether it's a LEGO remix of Angry Birds or another TT game, I just know it will be terrible either way.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.