possibly going to be on xbox live?

Goraxes

Hope its ok i post this here.... did not see anything in the rules saying i cant.

Everywhere i read people say they doubt it will be on console.  I was bored with and playing with a hex editor and found mention of xbox live in the exe files.  Not sure if this is in there as a just incase, or if its nothing and im dreaming, but thought i would throw it out there and see if anyone who knows more about hex editors then me wants to confirm it? I myself was just looking to see if i could find any info as to how many players will be able to network together, etc.

xbox.PNG

Most of the references to consoles appears to be generic control related stuff in the files (there's an Xbox One folder and others for consoles) or things like what you noted. I don't see why they wouldn't push it to consoles, but who knows. Long way to go before that.

Fluffy Cupcake

That may or may not be leftovers from a previous TT Games LEGO Game. There is a lot of content from other games within the game's files that still exist, like when launching... I believe it was either The LEGO Movie Game or Marvel that the disclaimer used when booting the game is recycled from the LEGO The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug game (you can clearly see the title), and in this game, Worlds, the sound for when you get 'true' from the Marvel's game is still hanging around.

tldr; TT Games needs to higher a janitor. =P

The game seems to be made on a heavily modified version of the "LEGO Star Wars" engine, based on gameplay alone. It's probably just a leftover part of the code.

MaelstromIslander

The game seems to be made on a heavily modified version of the "LEGO Star Wars" engine, based on gameplay alone. It's probably just a leftover part of the code.

Uhh... Everything made by TT since LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game has used the same engine. And that game was made long before this, so I'm pretty sure that's not from LSW.

Uhh... Everything made by TT since LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game has used the same engine. And that game was made long before this, so I'm pretty sure that's not from LSW.

​Except they've used it in almost every game until now. It could be possible that they left it in out of habit.

• Like 1

if it comes to consoles i will throw my old ps2 out the window

​Apologies but I don't quite get the need to throw it out the window? I get that you're probably joking, but just not why you'd "throw it out the window" if it is released on consoles.

​Apologies but I don't quite get the need to throw it out the window? I get that you're probably joking, but just not why you'd "throw it out the window" if it is released on consoles.

​Yeah, if you want to get rid of your PS2, you should sell it or give it away. Or keep it so you can play any old Lego games you have that were released for it. That would be much less wasteful. :P

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

Fluffy Cupcake

you guys....

I'm just as confused as you are as to why everyone took that so seriously.

Alcom Isst

​Note to self: Build a trampoline right next to OGR's window.

I'm not sure if this means anything or if it's just "leftover code", but I plugged in my PS4 controller to my PC and ran LEGO Worlds. Whenever I pressed the controller's buttons, the controls help window changed to Xbone icons, and whenever I pressed the keyboard it switched back to PC icons. Example:

B8qJjQo.jpg

I'm not sure if this means anything or if it's just "leftover code", but I plugged in my PS4 controller to my PC and ran LEGO Worlds. Whenever I pressed the controller's buttons, the controls help window changed to Xbone icons, and whenever I pressed the keyboard it switched back to PC icons. Example:

​I would assume that just means there's controller support in the game.

Edit: Yeah, what Will said

Edited by LimeKiller

That's just how the PC version handles controllers. They assume that if you're using a controller on a PC, it's an Xbox 360 pad.

• Like 2

Ah, thank you both for explaining that. I guess I didn't expect them to make icons for Xbox controllers on a PC game.

Judging from the way the GUI operates, my guess is they're awaiting early access results before ( deciding to ) fully porting Lego Worlds to other platforms.

The Xbox live network connected would indicate a setting specific for connecting from a Xbox other then a pc using an xbox controller.

How many users would be able to connect in a future multiplayer version is a wild guess. Perhaps they'll let users host their own servers like in Minecraft, avoiding having to regulate user content. If so I assume the amount of users is limited to your machine its capabilities. Yet just my personal wild guess.

Edited by P1771S
Added additional info

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.