Lost? Want to get back home? Here's How!

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

*This tutorial assumes that you have built your things somewhere by spawn, or somewhere that you can remember how to get to by finding your way from spawn.

Ever had that moment where you chased an ostrich off your lawn and went so far out as to go way out in the ocean while driving around in circles on a boat trying to ram it, and then suddenly you realize you've forgotten which way is home and hours later you still can't find it? (This is a true story by the way, mine in fact). Well then, I can help you! (to an extent).

Things you will need:

1. Your world seed

2. A hex editor (I use HxD myself)

3. A way to browse files on the computer.

4. Hands that function with a working brain (I'd say using your own is a good idea)

Step 1:

On the main menu, select and observe the world you are lost in. Check the seed. It will look something like: 1234 - 5678 - 9777; Got it memorized or written down? Good. Now create a new world with the exact same seed. You will tell if you have it right if when you switch between selecting worlds the map preview looks identical. Note the name of your new world. For the sakes of this tutorial I will call it WorldCopy, and the original world WorldOriginal.

Step 2:

Enter the new world, go to wherever you want to be, and quit.

Step 3:

Go to your user folder, and go into AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGOWorlds\SavedGames\Slot1\##########\WorldCopy\ (AppData is a hidden folder, so unless you have "view hidden folders" checked in your folder settings, type it out) and open the file "AutoSave.GameSave" in your hex editor.

Step 4:

Go to offset 54 (84 in decimal) and select and copy the 12 bytes following that offset, like so, the length is C (12) bytes long, 4 bytes an axis, although the Y seems to have a generic value of 1 (00 00 80 3F):

*Special thanks to Will Kirkby for the correction.

pfd1skd.png

Step 5:

Go back one folder, and go into into WorldOriginal folder now. Go into the "AutoSave.GameSave" file in that folder, and paste the bytes you just copied in the exact same location in that file.

Step 6:

Go back into the game and in the original world to find yourself at the desired place set in step 2!

If all went well, you can now delete the WorldCopy folder and continue on with your LEGO life.

• Like 3

Wow, you certainly were desperate to get back, eh?

Thanks for the guide, this'll come in handy for testing out incredibly dangerous modded vehicles that terraform too much! (have to go far far away)

Fluffy Cupcake

You bet. It was the first thing I ever built. How could I let it go so easily? I mean just look at my first Minecraft worlds from Classic and Alpha in 2010, they still exist. =P

Yeah, it will be useful for testing things for sure as well, although, wouldn't it just be easier to make a new world for tests?

You bet. It was the first thing I ever built. How could I let it go so easily? I mean just look at my first Minecraft worlds from Classic and Alpha in 2010, they still exist. =P

Yeah, it will be useful for testing things for sure as well, although, wouldn't it just be easier to make a new world for tests?

​I've got backups, but whenever I'm testing, it's generally spur of the moment or "will a flying zombie with the vehicle terraforming ability work?" kinda thing.

LimeKiller

Lost? Want to know where you are? Then come to the Information Center for all your information needs!

Seriously though, thanks. I spent like three hours winding my way back to my little beach house yesterday.

Heya, I've just had a proper look at the format and as far as I can tell you actually want the 12 bytes starting from 0x54, not 0x5C.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Did I really do that? Oh... my...

Well thank you! Guess that's what I get for writing this up a day after my discovery with no follow up testing.

It's 84 (not 88) in decimal, the constant value of 1 is AFTER the region you want to select. Should look like this:
pfd1skd.png

Fluffy Cupcake

I just don't know what went wrong.

I know how to do math in hex, yet I miscalculated the difference (I just copied your number). =P

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot for posting this find Xiron. And off course anyone who contributed.

It's a comfort to know one can roam the fields of Lego Worlds exploring with the ability to find back your building locations.
Made several backups of locations using the method posted in this thread.

Think the 00 00 80 3F indicates the mini figure needs to be dropped onto the height of the block at the other axis. Haven't tested it thorough though.

Curious if a similar method can be used to edit the .sav files Lego Worlds produces, to place bricks which are ingame but not selectable using the brick build method.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.