Can't run Drome Racers Win10

tohny

Hi.

I'm running the technical preview of Windows 10 in 64 bits and I just bought a brand new Drome Racers DVD because I love the game but I am getting this error every time I try to run it:

---------------------------
Access Denied
Please login with administrator privileges and try again
OK  

If I right click and run as administrator, I can see the process starting in Task Manager but it just crashes/stops.

I get nothing on the screen, nothing else at all.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have tried all possible compatibility setting variations but none work.

Thanks

(Does this game work for anyone on Win7 in 64 bits? Because if it does, it should work for me as well.)

lol username

(Does this game work for anyone on Win7 in 64 bits? Because if it does, it should work for me as well.)

​I can't help you with Windows 10 specifically - but yeah, I'm running 7, 64 bit, and Drome Racers works fine for me.

I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 Technical Preview and the game works flawlessly for me

. Did you install the directx it wanted to when you installed the game?

What build are you running?

Onegreatrace

I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 Technical Preview and the game works flawlessly for me

​I'm running Windows 10 as well, the game works great for me. I did install the DirectX that came on the disc.

​I'm running Windows 10 as well, the game works great for me. I did install the DirectX that came on the disc.

well then that's what it is, i didn't install it because I thought it would conflict with the one I already have. (DX 12 or whatever it is)

will test and post results!

thanks for the feedback everyome!

Fluffy Cupcake

I didn't install the DirectX included, and the version I'm using is the one that requires you to put the disc in while playing. May I just ask why newer releases of LEGO Interactive's games have trouble running?

A quick question for all you guys on Win10 technical preview saying it's working. What build are you guys running and are you running a 64 bit version or 32 bit?

I'm on build 10130 64 bit and it's still not working.

I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and wanted to install the DirectX that came with it when it prompted.

I tried to and here are the errors I got:

Question

DirectX version currently installed: DirectX > 8.1

DirectX installation is not required.

Do you want to install DirectX?

Yes No

I selected yes here, and then I got the next error:

Information

Error: DirectX -9

OK

I manually went to the installer on the CD and wanted to install DirectX from there and I just got a message saying that it installed successfully that way, but the game still won't start at all when ran as admin, it's process just quits after starting, and not running it as admin still asks for admin permissions.

Does anyone else have any other ideas that I could try? Do I need to install some fuller version of DirectX?

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, to put it all in one post:

* I'm using:

"Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Evaluation Copy. Build 10074"

* I'm using 64-bit

* I didn't install the DirectX from the disc (you don't need to, really).

* The version I'm using is the "older, DRM" one: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5930-drome-racers-version-differences/

The game also works fine on both 32 & 64 bit of 7, and even 64-bit Vista.

Perhaps the issue lies not with Windows 10?

* I'm using:

* I'm using 64-bit

* The version I'm using is the "older, DRM" one: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5930-drome-racers-version-differences/

​Hi.

Thanks for all the info, it is very helpful!

Yes, I too thought I did not need to install the DirectX off of the CD, but you see, I'm on the fast track of Windows 10 Technical preview which is why my build is newer and that might be where the problem lies.

When you first installed the game, did it ask you to run it as administrator? Because when I install mine it always does that for whatever reason.

I'm just a bit sad that I just bought this brand new factory sealed CD of this game (a thing hard to come by these days) and I can't play it...

Thanks for your time!

* I'm using:

* I'm using 64-bit

I'm still trying to find out whether I have the newer or older version as I can't tell. See my comments at the bottom of http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5930-drome-racers-version-differences/ .

Thanks!

Fluffy Cupcake

When you first installed the game, did it ask you to run it as administrator? Because when I install mine it always does that for whatever reason.

​It's quite abnormal for any game/program to not have UAC (administrator dialogue box) to not pop up when playing.

Are you playing the game from a normal account or administrator account? Does changing permission and ownership of the folder do anything? (right click on the Drome Racers folder and go to properties and poke around the securities tab).

• 2 weeks later...

​It's quite abnormal for any game/program to not have UAC (administrator dialogue box) to not pop up when playing.

Are you playing the game from a normal account or administrator account? Does changing permission and ownership of the folder do anything? (right click on the Drome Racers folder and go to properties and poke around the securities tab).

​I simply can not believe that I did not get notified of a reply via email when you replied to me, which is why I did not get back to you until now.

Is there something wrong with this website due to which it might only be sending out email notifications for the first few replies but not all of them? Everything was set to still notify me of replies, but they did not come through, I'll see now as well if you reply in terms of getting one>

I am playing the game from an admin account, being logged into Windows 10 with my @outlook.com account as the admin. I will try and amend the ownership of the folder though I strongly think this is just related to build 10130 as I am the only one testing this on that build of Windows 10.

I will test the changing of permissions and post back here but I doubt I'll have any success as I've previously tried both to install as admin and install normally without the as admin option.

Thanks!

(and no, there's nothing in my spam folder either)

Fluffy Cupcake

​I simply can not believe that I did not get notified of a reply via email when you replied to me, which is why I did not get back to you until now.

Is there something wrong with this website due to which it might only be sending out email notifications for the first few replies but not all of them? Everything was set to still notify me of replies, but they did not come through, I'll see now as well if you reply in terms of getting one>

(and no, there's nothing in my spam folder either)

​Yeah, things have been rather bugged up since the update. Half of my notifications go into my "primary" box, the other half go into the "promotional" section (using Gmail)

Also, I can't make a brickin post on mobile without it either lagging like Ogel, crashing, having 10 blank new lines produced below my post automatically, not having backspace work correctly when editing, or not even having the reply box show at all. So infuriating. >:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.