Post Your Cool Custom Skins

Fluffy Cupcake

:D I want. Insectoids is my favorite theme and, with the helmet codded into the game already, I can't wait to play as one or more of the Zotaxians. I've been considering putting together a skin of my own, but I'm still a bit wary of altering the textures.

Also the names are a bit... inconsistent but IIRC I think that one is Professor Webb. Could be mistaken.

lol username

Oh, that's lovely. Face needs some tweaking but I like where that's going.

If I had the spare time I'd like to do a bunch of those 90s androids, in a bunch of colors. Of course there's the red Spyrius android, and Ann Droid from Exploriens, but there's also the black versions from LEGO Battles, and a larger model of a blue version at a shop in LEGOLAND Florida (that's the only picture/video I could find of it, sorry)... Might as well do other colors like green too.

Thanks! And yeah, only images I could find (since I couldn't find my own minifig) were really small, and blowing them up distorted the quality. Tried to smooth out a little, but that's always a rough task in my experience, since I'm not familiar with any techniques to remedy that...Outside of redrawing it entirely in the desired scale, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

10/10 Would mod again.

Also: How do I fix that head? And do I need to remove the Game.dat files from the folder?

2015-07-10_00001.thumb.jpg.a36a938c1ce07

Did someone mention the Infomaniac? 

thCiBMA.png

Note: You can still use texture mods in the game if you use TexMod. I replaced the explorer's face and the farmer's torso, but you are free to do as you please.

I also included the textures I used for him, just plop them in your game and have at it! They're nice and high-res; face texture is 1024 sq (256 sq per face), torso is 256 sq. Face is by some wonderful guy on Flickr, Face has been redone from scratch in this new version; torso is still by me (because I'm an awful perfectionist). Will try getting his cap in there from one of the other TT games, but personally I think the pith helmet is rather fetching...would still rather have flowers on there, though.

Update: Replaced the moustache, tweaked the a few other things, added a blinking expression (with LI1 yellow eyelids), updated preview picture and face texture accordingly. Now 110% more accurate! :infomaniac: 

Update 2: Tweaked eyebrows, added four new expressions, calibrated colour. Here are the expressions:

6GHXn8Z.png

Just a note, the design is based on the high-resolution textures seen in the manual, since it's reasonable to assume that that is the way the textures were originally intended to be before they had to be downscaled to fit within the constrains of the DirectX 5 engine - the torso in particular suffers in-game, with the dot on the I becoming some strange ovoid shape and his bowtie doubling in width. Ultimate goal is to get this pretty much perfect so I can get some nice high-quality waterslide prints and have a more accurate Infoman than the official figure I currently have. 

Spoiler

r7KcCa6.png

UTwFeXo.png

• Like 4

MaelstromIslander

@Gmr_Leon That zotaxian is actually Danny Longlegs, not Webb. Webb is blue.

@Pollywanna That infomanaic looks great! I really don't recall any TT Games with the cap, but i think in LB1 the police officers have it. Haven't played that game in a while though.

Thanks! The cap is also in LSW: Complete Saga and the Indiana Jones games (much higher detail models in those than LB1). It's a nifty seperate mesh in both of those games, I'll probably try to hack it in as a replacement for the detailed police hat tomorrow just as a proof of concept. 

Edited by Pollywanna

• 11 months later...

This topic has been dead for almost a year - how about I revive it?

large.lwme.png.51dea03ac51f593a4d354da83

My sigfig. Since there isn't a generic helmet piece aside from the diver, I wore the fisherman's cap. Unfortunately, I can't give myself a hook hand or epaulets either. :(

large.lwpirate.png.a65becf43bc94e6aa1ec5

I also made a classic pirate skin. Wouldn't you love to see what I had to re-texture? :P

Anyway, I found a new use for my decal remakes! :D

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • lol username featured this topic
  • 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.