I need help with the WAD tool (and Default Directory's)

bobbot3011

bobbot3011

I recently decided to try and mod Rock Raiders. I downloaded the WAD tool, opened it, clicked on LegoRR0 and clicked extract all files. Once it was finished a message box appeared saying file(s) extracted to default directory. How can I find the Default Directory? (Yes, I am bad with computers)

I am using a Windows Vista.

I don't know what tool you used to extract your files, but you might be able to find out where the files went by checking back inside your unpacking program. Whatever you are currently using, it might behoove you to check out winRAR.

I downloaded it and tried to use it on the WADs in my RR disk, and it said they were not compatible. You might need to start from scratch! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

If I recall correctly, the "default directory" actually becomes somewhere in a VirtualStore folder in your user account folder. What you should do is Windows search for VirtualStore (it might also be Virtual Store as two words, try both if the first doesn't work), and then inside it, look for the folder called LEGORR0.WAD (or maybe just LEGORR0).

The problem is because Vista and onwards changed permissions for the Program Files folder, and so now those changes are redirected to the VirtualStore folder instead of your actual program folder.

Hopefully that helps.

Edited by McJobless

bobbot3011

I figured it out. All i had to do was adjust the permissions of the WAD tool so it wouldn't be placed in the VirtualStore. (I right clicked it, clicked properties, clicked security, and edited its permissions)

Edited by bobbot3011

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.