How to import your own models

Neal

Hey guys! If you missed what I said in chatbox, here's the general message; I've been playing for some time now and have modded the game quite a bit. TT also left a mods folder in app data.

Should be here: \AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGOWorlds\Mods\Models\ (you drop them in here)

Now, what if you want to import your LDD creations? Well, first get your model into the lxfml format. (the game ONLY takes this format)

There are heavy piece restrictions and angle restrictions but it does work. I will be posting some LU model packs I made.

They should show up in your premade model area in-game once you've put them in the mods folder.

EDIT: If you're trying to make the lfxml, here's how;

1. Get the desired model (LDD model) and open it in 7-zip or winrar. (or just, when in LDD, export the model as an lxfml)

2. Extract the lxfml from it.

3. Bring that lxfml to the mods/Models folder

Edited by Neal

They made a "Mods" folder!?! Interesting...

This should be very useful for importing in some LDD creations! If the model uses pieces that are not in the game, will it crash, refuse to accept the model, or will the bricks be deleted or invisible when placed?

This should be very useful for importing in some LDD creations! If the model uses pieces that are not in the game, will it crash, refuse to accept the model, or will the bricks be deleted or invisible when placed?

​If a model has pieces not available in-game, it will not render the offending bricks.

• Like 1

How to you convert LXF files into LXFML files? Is there a tutorial somewhere on RRU?

​Try this.

1. Get the desired model (LDD model) and open it in 7-zip or winrar.

RacerRabbit

1. Get the desired model (LDD model) and open it in 7-zip or winrar.

​Thanks! I'll be sure to make a few models for this game when I get it!

Edited by RacerRabbit

​If a model has pieces not available in-game, it will not render the offending bricks.

​Will the bricks still be there, but invisible, meaning they still occupy space, or will they not be there at all, allowing you to place bricks where they would be?

​Will the bricks still be there, but invisible, meaning they still occupy space, or will they not be there at all, allowing you to place bricks where they would be?

​They will not be there at all. You can place bricks in the space where they should be.

​They will not be there at all. You can place bricks in the space where they should be.

​Good! That should make it fairly easy to substitute parts that aren't in the game. :D

Alcom Isst

Two Three things.

1. LDD can export and open .lxfml files. If you are making models from scratch, it's easier to open and save them as .lxfml files.
  2. If you edit a model you used, you need to go AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGOWorlds\Cache\Models\5 and delete all .sav files that have the same name as your .lxfml files. Otherwise, the edits won't occur in-game.
  3. Part#: 30179 (possibly some other doors too) is replaced with a door prop when imported. Incidentally, the door prop is missing an icon image.
Edited by Alcom1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
RacerRabbit

Hopefully there will be a lot lot more bricks to build with when the full game releases next year.

I've imported a model, and noticed that a few bricks (right at the top) are misaligned, some missing and some turned into small plates. What gives? Is this common?

I've imported a model, and noticed that a few bricks (right at the top) are misaligned, some missing and some turned into small plates. What gives? Is this common?

This happens when bricks aren't in-game or are at angles the game can't take.

Which is odd because they're normally placed bricks that are definitely available in-game.

Here's the originial model:haus.thumb.png.14b6d8c808f1e339a99b25d15

And you can see in the distance how it is in the game (only screen I have before I corrected it manually):

2015-07-06_00001.thumb.jpg.173b2a56d4122

Which is odd because they're normally placed bricks that are definitely available in-game.

Here's the originial model:

*snip*

And you can see in the distance how it is in the game (only screen I have before I corrected it manually):

*snip*

Hmm, ok; I have seen that same issue in models with a lot of bricks. Removes a few here and there. Not sure what the problem is there, but that it is a bug.

• 5 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.