Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

Ayliffe

LEGO Worlds News And Discussion

161 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, aidenpons said:

so the actual devs don't know either xD

He said he couldn't get into the details, not that he didn't know them. Which is completely standard for these sorts of deals.

On 02/03/2017 at 4:55 PM, Ayliffe said:

It's 2008 Agents too, which is a nifty surprise!

40erxlr.jpg

E1MUpxR.jpg

"Bob the Builder" in LEGO Worlds, confirmed.

2 people like this

I can't get into the exact details on why we've done this

If said details aren't along the lines of "Sony wanted an exclusive so they offered WB Games a sack 'o money for one" then I'll be heavily surprised.

Also, UNICORNS

So the game launched today.

I've played about seven or eight hours today and I'm loving it. There's some stuff with the build tools, tutorials, and UI that could use some polish, but the underlying game... Man, so many moments where I just had a huge smile on my face, or just went "WHOA", and I've hardly scratched the surface. The new game structure is surprisingly good - previously, the game was mostly a matter of running around aimlessly until you found a treasure chest, where you'd get a random item. The worlds now starting smaller and gradually increasing in size has an unexpectedly strong benefit - you can explore them completely, and there's reason to want to do so with the new missions from NPCs and such everywhere. The rocket and galaxy map and how seamless going between worlds is makes it all feel like a cohesive universe you're exploring, which coupled with what I just said about the individual worlds, really gives the game a lot more life. You get into a cycle of exploring, doing stuff, getting gold bricks, blasting off to new worlds, then finding stuff there that you can bring back to worlds you've already been to and explore them more thoroughly... Previously the worlds in the game felt so disposable I usually deleted them regularly, now it feels like I'm exploring a whole galaxy and each world I've been to feels like an important part of it. I've played the game all day today but I wanna keep playing, and explore more places (I haven't even seen any towns or dungeons yet!), and find the Night Trader again and get more mysterious stuff from her, and oh man I'm gonna be playing this for a while...

Also. That screenshot with the forestman in the pirates rowboat. And all the screenshots with the forestman in the woods and by the castle ruins. This game has such a pure, classic, timeless LEGO feel to it and I love it.

9 people like this

9 hours ago, Terrev said:

This game has such a pure, classic, timeless LEGO feel to it and I love it.

Totally agree with everything here. Adding to this, I love the way it tells you what theme pieces are from when you discovering.

Actually, I guess it only does it with minifigures, but still. This game really feels LEGO, like The LEGO Movie or LEGO Universe. Just captures the wonder and creativity of it all.

I hope this game is success and so is the rerelease of LCU so we can get more non-licensed games.

Shame we won't get a racing game though because TT has the monopoly and they can't make them.

aw59sGrGGuyxwOUKNtIAa_2k4Nz0fzXtNkWRTLNc

buy this game

3 people like this

While all of us are just loving this and half a stud way from making a gush post...

.... the forums are aflame again.

Check this out - the Negative Reviews section. Most of the flame is around the fact that you now need 100 Gold Bricks to generate infinite worlds. Many people have pointed out that the big "Early Access" label exists for a reason, but they're met with the same response as before when TT did a "2-for-1" sale.

And it's confirmed - the Elimbiers have come over to buy LW and rant.

this game is so stupid i will never by anthoer lego product .!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys suck becuse you just made me lose all of my progres thanks a lot IDOTS!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥S

4 people like this

On 10/03/2017 at 5:29 AM, aidenpons said:

While all of us are just loving this and half a stud way from making a gush post...

.... the forums are aflame again.

Check this out - the Negative Reviews section. Most of the flame is around the fact that you now need 100 Gold Bricks to generate infinite worlds. Many people have pointed out that the big "Early Access" label exists for a reason, but they're met with the same response as before when TT did a "2-for-1" sale.

I like how most of the negative reviews have spelling and grammar errors. Hmm... I wonder why... 

3 people like this

Well...

On 3/10/2017 at 6:29 PM, aidenpons said:

this game is so stupid i will never by anthoer lego product .!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys suck becuse you just made me lose all of my progres thanks a lot IDOTS!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥S

0 out of 25 people (0%) found this review helpful

4 people found this review funny

xD