LEGO Worlds News And Discussion

Ayliffe

Hmm hmm hmm hmm...

Well, my Cynic-O-Meter is really rather low at the moment.

I had 80% of a mind to go through the negative reviews and post various comments about them (one of the first things I do when checking out a game is to look at the negative reviews)... but 100% of them are either a) the game won't start or doesn't like my computer (something I'm worried about) or b) the controls/camera suck. All of those I'm sure will be remedied before long.

I'm hooked.

Starrocks923

I bought the game, thinking I wouldn't enjoy it as much as others would because I'm an idiot who doesn't know much about how to use all the tools in sandbox games.

I first landed on an island with the Yeti, perhaps my favorite Minifigure so far. I used skydiving to find new islands around the area and unlocked about two dozen Minifigures to use, as well as 130 props, 7 animals and 7 vehicles. Heck, I found out the Cowboy/Cowgirl and Bandit can actually spawn in their own animals to unlock.

From the moment I started building a LEGO Creator house in the middle of the ocean with a Yeti Minifigure, I was hooked. I'm going to be playing this for a very long time.

eagleeyedan

First thoughts? The game is a great answer to Minecraft while not being a direct copy, but it really needs some camera work before it's refined. The camera movement when you meet a new character more often than not zoom in on your character's derriere, the cuts when you reach a new location are just kinda annoying, and in general the camera needs a bit of work 'till it's smart.

Otherwise, the game looks really good! I can't wait to see what the upgrades coming up will add to the gameplay! 

• 2 weeks later...

Since this topic was pretty much just used for news about the game, can we rename it "Worlds News And Discussion" please? Anyway, onto the main point of this slight bump:

Plans for the first major content update announced! Caves and such!

CHk-tV_WsAE4AI2.jpg

The major new feature we’re excited to share lets you take your adventures underground, so look for an opening and explore the naturally occurring cave networks looking for more treasures and dangers.

Next, we are adding some fun new characters, creatures, vehicles and props ready to discover in your worlds, though it’s up to you to find them!

We'll also be introducing several Community-requested changes based on the mammoth Feedback thread found on the main discussions page, including;

* Windowed mode.
* Quit to Windows in game.
* Interior props.
* Y-Axis invert for camera look.

Additionally, we hope to resolve several technical issues;

* 32Bit OS random crashes.
* Overall Performance Issues.
* Dual Monitor Launch issues.
* Unable to launch with Parental Controls active on any setting.

Apparently this update will be out by the end of june. Also:

Many have asked what our schedule is planned to be over the course of development. Our intentions are to roll out at least one large content update every month, and will look to address bugs on a rolling timeframe as they are needed.

:D 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/332310/discussions/0/594820656472642600/

Would you like to have your creation included in LEGO Worlds? Show the world your creative skills and have the LEGO Master Builders at TT Games review your model. The best model will be entered into a future content update! You could even get your name in the credits!

Time to spam LRR creations... :tf:  

• Like 3

Haven't played in a while, an update, huh? Amazing already. I'd totally submit a creation if I wasn't better at making vehicles than buildings.

Overall, I'm satisfied as ever. When TT does something that isn't licensed for once, it's gooood stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/332310/discussions/0/594820656472642600/

Would you like to have your creation included in LEGO Worlds? Show the world your creative skills and have the LEGO Master Builders at TT Games review your model. The best model will be entered into a future content update! You could even get your name in the credits!

Time to spam LRR creations... :tf:  

​Eh... all my creations are in real bricks l405G.jpg

Still... this is going to be more hilarious than Lego Ideas. I shall watch with interest. l405G.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/332310/discussions/0/523890528706280840/

Pretty interesting dev blog-post-thingy about the origin of Worlds, including this:

"The direct collaboration started when a concept video from LEGO and a push from TT’s creative management collided and the reaction formed what became known as The Plan..."

"...The Plan was a three-way approach to building new experiences for players. First, we would develop a digital-physical project with LEGO that aimed to take Life of George to the next level – this became LEGO Fusion on mobile, from which all parties learned a lot. Meanwhile, prototype work would begin on a “toys to life” videogame, which was to become a little thing called LEGO Dimensions, featuring some incredible mash-ups. And finally, gameplay concepts for the procedural sandbox experience would begin to take shape. All, of course, while regular game development continued."

Maybe "Project Douglas" is another part of this strategy still under development...?

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

Maybe

"Project Douglas"

is another part of this strategy still under development...?

Seeing as the post says "three-way," that seems unlikely, but you never know.

It's a long-shot, but it's possible that "Douglas" refers to Douglas Adams without referring to Hitchhiker's Guide. Adams wrote for the original Doctor Who series (the unfinished Shada was recycled into Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency), in the 70's. In fact, he script-edited Season 17. It's hardly an obvious reference, but it's the sort of thing a die-hard Whovian might come up with. Seeing as LEGO has the Doctor Who license, and is in fact employing it in Dimensions, a Doctor Who video game is a definite possibility.

Seeing as the post says "three-way," that seems unlikely, but you never know.

Do keep in mind that all 3 of those projects have been fully revealed now, and if there were any more projects then it's unlikely that TLG would announce them like this.

It's a long-shot, but it's possible that "Douglas" refers to Douglas Adams without referring to Hitchhiker's Guide. Adams wrote for the original Doctor Who series (the unfinished Shada was recycled into Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency), in the 70's. In fact, he script-edited Season 17. It's hardly an obvious reference, but it's the sort of thing a die-hard Whovian might come up with. Seeing as LEGO has the Doctor Who license, and is in fact employing it in Dimensions, a Doctor Who video game is a definite possibility.

There's a possibility that "Douglas" could be referring directly to Douglas Adams, but as TT's other codenames have been quite vague (The codename for Fusion was 'Green', and for Worlds it was just 'Badger') I'm guessing that it's not going to be as literal as that. Maybe it could be space exploration-related, hence the "douglas" codename?

Edited by Ayliffe
Corrected the codename errors - thanks Jamesster!

lol username

(The codename for Dimensions was 'Zeus', and for Worlds it was just 'Green')

Er, not quite. Zeus is likely Avengers - ProjectPixel is likely Dimensions. The Fusion games were Green. Worlds was Badger.

• Like 4

(The codename for Dimensions was 'Zeus', and for Worlds it was just 'Green')

Er, not quite. Zeus is likely Avengers - ProjectPixel is likely Dimensions. The Fusion games were Green. Worlds was Badger.

Ah right, sorry I got those mixed up - I've corrected them now.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/332310/discussions/0/523890681411894788/

tl;dr Bad bug in save data found at the last minute, requires non-trivial fix, delayed until "early next week".

I approve of this announcement. I'd rather them delay for a really bad bug then break the game.

In other news, it looks like Prof was right.

• Like 3

ProfessorBrickkeeper

This probably speaks terribly of myself, but at the moment, I'm finding this whole situation moderately hilarious.

I am just extremely happy that, once, the first time TT has ever done this...

.... they actually fixed a major bug pre-release ....

IMPOSSIBLE! IMPOSSIBLE! [/FPquote]

I am now thoroughly interested in what this is turning out to be. If TT has actually fixed a bug before release, and have delayed the update in order to fix it...

:D

Wait, what? People thought TT would release a year-long-ish beta and not fix bugs during it? TT is red-bricked like the Infoderpiac, but I don't think they're that bad.

Wait, what? People thought TT would release a year-long-ish beta and not fix bugs during it? TT is red-bricked like the Infoderpiac, but I don't think they're that bad.

I did. In sincerity, I did.

[rant]

Lego The Hobbit has so many bugs in it it SHOULD be in beta. I can't complete one level, the mining mini-game is utterly borked, the game has a nasty tendency to crash on the dev intro cutscene: I mean COME ON. Oh, and if you survive that you'll fall on the main menu, it doesn't like Bilbo at all.

Oh, and the game will crash in plenty of other places... and bug in the ones it doesn't crash.

Random "fetch this" quests are pretty much 70% of The Hobbit, yah? So how come, when you need to get the Blacksmith to get the other 25% (the 5% being the boring levels), you musn't talk to anybody at all or the Blacksmith will not turn up.

The Necromancer is stupid because one orc takes your shield down, which you need to defend against brick blasts.

Lego LoTR wasn't any better. The Dead Marshes are plain boring. From Sauron to the cave troll, every boss (except Gollum) has an attack in which lava/something curls round in an arc towards you. But that's enough on gameplay: onto general bugs.

It's not possible to 100% the game as the last Mithril Brick has an invisible barrier in front of it. The game will become unbearable in the Dead Marshes if Frodo hides first in the log, leaving Sam nowhere (Frodo has a usable camouflage). It doesn't help that TT mapped the same key for "open inventory" to "do action, like jump in log."

The devs didn't bother working on the collision panels: you can fall through Rivendell, until LEGO LOTR HAS STOPPED WORKING. You can also get stuck in dark caves, if the Minikit is showing up but not collectible and Galadriels hint's didn't turn up in time.

That's a small taste of bugs, and I'm sure other players can add more onto the list. l405G.jpg

So yes, I am actually surprised that not only did TT actually fix the bugs, they actually delayed the update to do so.

MaelstromIslander

I could understand hobbit. But when you spoke of LoTR it seemed more like you were biased against it. For one thing, there is very little of an abundance of worldholes, and the only ever worldholes i've ever encountered are at the little area (its this small grassy place) at the exit of the Pass of Cahadrass. There are some collision glitches where the collision will be lower than the terrain itself but thats very minor. In terms of bosses, they seem like your casual TT boss which can be very boring if you know what to do and can defeat him easily. Getting stuck in dark caves is a casual bug, and you can easily fix it by going to a place nearby and then coming back, however i haven't encountered the glitch a lot myself.

You act like LoTR is as bad as hobbit, but pal, once you've played LEGO Batman 3 on Xbox, its all over. That thing is a nightmare: I experienced a horrible glitch where every time i went to a map (like the batcave) the entire planet of Nok would load inside it. And there are a TON of glitches where you have to restart the level. (I.E. getting trapped behind that infernal door on the braniac level)

Edited by MaelstromIslander

Update 1 is out! :D

http://steamcommunity.com/app/332310/discussions/0/530646715633797897/

Hi all,

Content Update 1 is now live! We’ve included a heap of new items, characters, creatures and vehicles, as well as 2 new biomes and an additional brick for the building palette! Also, as promised, caves networks can now be found in new worlds!

We’ve also made some technical improvements including adding a Windowed mode, more Graphics options, and improved performance.

Here are the full patch notes;

Major Fixes
- Resolved an issue where certain PC account types could not launch the game.
- Crash fixes for 32bit OS.
- Fixed a rare crash instance when pressing the windows key.
- Fix for “Save slot” selection issue encountered by certain users.
- Fix for game hangs caused by terrain editing tools.
- Fixed a crash in the terrain copying tool.
- Resolved an issue with DX11 performance.
- Resolved an issue where Alt-Tabbing out of the game caused the camera controls to break.
- Resolved an issue where calling up the Steam Overlay would break camera controls.
- Resolved graphical issues caused by resolution changes.
- Fix to prevent and deal with corrupt world data that was manifesting as “black towers”.

New Features
- Windowed mode (resizable).
- Cave systems.
- Custom settings supported, and “Landscape Settings” added for more control and choices for performance vs quality on your system.
- A Delete World button on the front end.
- A crosshair in the editing tools to show the camera pivot point in editing tools.
- Holding either ‘-‘ key turns off the GUI to help with screenshots. Known issue - causes a flicker on the front end when typing!
- Tooltips added to all bricks, colours and materials in the editing tools.
- Gameplay camera zoom on mouse wheel or pad triggers.
- Dynamic “cut-away” in Brick Building to allow both close work and editing in caves and interiors if zoomed out.
- An inverted corner piece added to Brick Building.

New Content
- Biomes.
- Items.
- Characters.
- Creatures.
- Vehicles.
- Props.

Minor Fixes
- Camera no longer collides with props – only landscape will ‘correct’ the camera.
- Fixed an issue where users could get stuck opening chests as certain character types.
- Resolved certain cases where the GUI roller would stay rolled out when moving.
- Fixed the vertical alignment of certain font characters.
- New biome discoveries are now called out by name.
- Mole Machine vehicles no longer behave erratically on water.
- Fixed various instances of text fields not locking out keyboard commands correctly.
- Fixed certain control information text not displaying in the info box.
- Fixed an issue whereby the certain flying creatures would behave unusually if certain button sequences were pressed.
- Fixed a problem with one of the camel idle animations.
- Fixed a problem with GUI icons caused by sudden removal of controllers.
- Fixed a camera issue caused by skydiving in certain contexts.
- Tweaks to terrain editing tools to make them work better in certain contexts.
- Studs & hearts are now permanently displayed during gameplay, in a better position.
- Tooltips are now appear more responsively as you pass the pointer over icons.
- Improved scrolling in GUI grids

Idea: all those people who were impatient about the update not coming this week or on their schedule or saying delaying the update was a "bad omen" and was "setting [Worlds] up for failure" should be the last ones who get it. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.