LEGO Worlds News And Discussion

Ayliffe

heheheheheheh

isOnPq.jpg

So the community apparently hates being given a 50% off sale. To them, it's made the reviews plunge into "the devs are terrible." For a 50% off sale.

Have the entire LMBs wandered over and got a copy of LW? I haven't seen such stupidity in a long time....

Fluffy Cupcake

People be butthurt.

I left a comment on one saying something like "you wouldn't walk into a store a year later and say "I bought this product last year for the same price but now I see you are selling it as two for the price of one. Can I have the free copy I never got? I even have my receipt on me."

14 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Have the entire LMBs wandered over and got a copy of LW? I haven't seen such stupidity in a long time....

This migration has been factually confirmed and well-documented since June 1, 2015.

*Removed. People already are aware of LEGO Worlds multiplayer, so there really is no need to put up a trailer*

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks like Worlds is leaving early access in February next year - and we're getting a PS4/XBONE release too! Here's a new trailer:

Here's some HD boxart too for you to oogle at:

30930889130_16e0a7420c_b.jpg

There's only one slight downside: The PS4 version's gonna have some timed-exclusive DLC because of course it has

A separate LEGO Agents DLC pack, which features new characters, vehicles, weapons and more from the Agents range of play materials, will be available as an exclusive bonus on PlayStation 4 for a limited time.

Gamespot says that the "limited time" is in fact only 90 days, which is alright though (plus it's only cosmetic, which is also nice). Also, in case you were fearing that Worlds leaving EA means the end of new stuff: it's been confirmed that we're still gonna be getting content updates with new stuff in 'em even after it's left Early access. Huzzah!

• Like 3

Today's announcement was quite disappointing I thought. Was hoping for at least some form of an update but instead found out that we are going to have to wait until Feb. 2017. They really shouldn't have had a countdown if they were just going to announce this.

Guess developers don't understand what "early access" means. -.-

12 hours ago, origamihero said:

So its not coming out for the Wii U or the Switch?  Well,  I guess I'll  just go cry in my little corner.  :'(

I doubt it's ever coming to the Wii U 'cos support for that it basically dead in the water now (also both this and the New LC:U are only coming out on current-gen consoles, maybe last-gen console support is finally dead?), but I wouldn't be surprised if it came to the Switch at some point in the future. At a guess the Worlds team hasn't got their hands on a Switch devkit yet, but that doesn't say that a Switch version can't ever happen.

Also, the release date for the Switch is in March, a whole month after Worlds comes outta Early Access. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

Steam achievements! :D

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/332310/achievements/

IDK if they work yet, can't try ATM. They sound really fun, though. Achievements of note:

• Land Shark!

Ride a Shark on land (but no Cloud Octopus???)

• Designers Delight

Collect all the brick elements (oh)

• BADGER!

• Champion of Companions

Tame and have two pets following you at the same time (???)

• Highland Coo!

Play bagpipes to a brown bull (YES)

The pets one hints at a pending update, unless I'm missing something since I've not opened Worlds in months...

Pirate Playground Professional - Complete the Pirate Playground World

One; I misread this as "Piraka"

Two; what? Pirate Playground World? Pirate PlaygroundWorld? As opposed to... anything else? "Biome?"

And also

Candy Custodian - Complete the Candy Construction Capers World

Prehistoric Protector - Complete the Prehistoric Peril World

The pets one hints at a pending update, unless I'm missing something since I've not opened Worlds in months...

As far as my limited knowledge goes, pets such as spiders will follow you round in some form of fashion by pressing some button. Either way, the functionality exists... I think. l405G.jpg

And what is a Legendary/Gold Brick, or have I missed that?

EDIT: Found something useful: http://steamcommunity.com/app/332310/discussions/0/152390648076809150/

Hi,

They won't unlock until February. But we need to test them to make sure they work! So they have to be set to public view!

18 hours ago, le717 said:

• Highland Coo!

Play bagpipes to a brown bull

I FIND THAT HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.

...yet, pretty awesome. I'm totally getting that achievement the next time I play it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2017 at 7:55 PM, Xiron said:

I like how they're already prepped up for the DLCs under support even though none exist yet.

It's always good to answer questions in the FAQ before anyone even asks them! :P

I'm guessing that the exit of Early Access will be joined with the release of DLC, and the Early Access supporters will get that DLC free... just putting the hints of DLC combined with TT's previous marketing strategies combined with the hint that "the EA supporters will be getting something." Just my guess.

Where can I buy LEGO® Worlds?

Available from all leading videogame retailers.

Does GOG.com with 0% DRM count as a "leading" videogame retailer? l405G.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Dazzgracefulmoon
6 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Why PS4 only? Why? What is the point of releasing it only for PS4? It just doesn't make any sense!

warner bros and sony are best buds apparently, the DLC is only gonna be ps4 exclusive for 90 days. thankfully there's nothing really 'must have' from this content pack

To quote ttcrose (source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/332310/discussions/0/152390648076018231/#c152390648076060861)

The Agents pack will be added as part of a free update to the PC game once the 90 days exclusivity has passed. I can't get into the exact details on why we've done this, but rest assured we plan on making sure it comes to Steam too!

Also, we're not planning any DLC packs currently. Just usual updates for content.

• Like 2

lol username
1 minute ago, aidenpons said:

so the actual devs don't know either xD

He said he couldn't get into the details, not that he didn't know them. Which is completely standard for these sorts of deals.

On 02/03/2017 at 4:55 PM, Ayliffe said:

It's 2008 Agents too, which is a nifty surprise!

40erxlr.jpg

E1MUpxR.jpg

"Bob the Builder" in LEGO Worlds, confirmed.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.