LEGO Worlds News And Discussion

Ayliffe

So over on Eurobricks, this intriguing teaser image was found on the back of an instruction booklet for 60097 City Square:

17475536873_038d6ffa74_z.jpg

It's extremely vague and the URL doesn't work (yet), but could this be the sandbox free-building lego game we've all been waiting for? :D

Fluffy Cupcake

"TTGames"

Oooooh, boy. I just hope it turns out better then the millions of licensed game clones they have done.

• Like 2

Seaborgium

Interesting. Tempered excitement.

On one hand it is TT. On the other, it appears very much to be building based. If its like a boosted up LIJ2 level builder, it could be quite good.

MaelstromIslander

LEGO Sandbox with LEGO City elements? yes pls

I'm sure TT games could pull it off. LEGO Dimensions isn't a TT Game clone, is it? (I don't have it nor have i seen any gameplay screenshots)

lol username

LEGO Dimensions isn't a TT Game clone, is it?

​LEGO Dimensions is.

LEGO Worlds isn't.

Edit: Here's a higher res version of the pic/its flickr page:

17475536873_038d6ffa74_b.jpg

Edited by jamesster
  • Like 2

That's a very vague teaser.
Regardless, if it is a modernized LEGO Creator, I'm interested.
Though if the actual gameplay looks like that.....I don't know if my computer could handle rendering at that level of detail.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

However vague the image in question may be, I can't help but feel some level of anticipation for it, for better or worse. I know it's not a good idea to say this just yet, but I'd wager it's the most immediately optimistic I've been for a LEGO game from TT since LCU. Once again, it's important to remember that it's TT Games we're talking about, but it definitely seems to have some of the same DNA as the older LEGO games. (I'm looking at you, Creator!) I expect that I shall be closely following the development of this in the future.

(The only thing of immediate concern to me, is that it appears that by building, they may just be referring to the placement of prefabs. It wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me, but I wouldn't help but feel somewhat disappointed.)

• Like 2

How about a comparison between this poster and Lego Creator's game box cover?

17475536873_038d6ffa74_b.jpg

5700-1.jpg?200007021200

If there is any similarities I can find, I did notice that the colour of the bricks on the diggers of both images are exactly the same; Red, Green and Blue.

• Like 2

How about a comparison between this poster and Lego Creator's game box cover?

If there is any similarities I can find, I did notice that the colour of the bricks on the diggers of both images are exactly the same; Red, Green and Blue.

​I noticed that as soon as Ayliffe posted it on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mumboking/status/603279396212977665

MaelstromIslander

Big thumps up to OuterRimTradingCo. This thing looks nothing like minecraft in any way, shape, or form other than the fact its got a desert and plain landscape. And i'm pretty sure you don't craft or mine LEGO.

On the other hand this is likely another MMO, and seeing how quickly LMO and Chima Online died, this might not turn out to be a piece of crap. Just a heads-up.

Big thumps up to OuterRimTradingCo. This thing looks nothing like minecraft in any way, shape, or form other than the fact its got a desert and plain landscape. And i'm pretty sure you don't craft or mine LEGO.

For legal purposes, this in no way looks, feels, resembles, or is inspired by a game called "Minecraft".

Yeah... I think that was sarcasm Mael. :P

Whatever this is, boy am I looking forward to it!

​It could be in homage to LEGO Creator. However, from a graphic design point of view, given that the digger is yellow and black it's quite likely that the creators of the image chose those colours to match and work together pleasingly. Primary/secondary colours work great in that environment, particularly given their connotations, and LEGO doesn't produce purple or orange bricks as predominantly. Just a point on that note, although I personally think it is harking back to LEGO Creator. :)

Though if the actual gameplay looks like that.....I don't know if my computer could handle rendering at that level of detail.

​I imagine it's just a render and not representative of the actual graphics - from what I can tell, TT Games have always had rendered/CG covers. Although there are mods for Minecraft, for example, that produce that level of quality, but it requires a very powerful computer and it's unlikely TT wouldn't include lower graphic settings.

• Like 3

However, from a graphic design point of view, given that the digger is yellow and black it's quite likely that the creators of the image chose those colours to match and work together pleasingly. Primary/secondary colours work great in that environment, particularly given their connotations, and LEGO doesn't produce purple or orange bricks as predominantly. Just a point on that note, although I personally think it is harking back to LEGO Creator. :)

Well now we know who took Graphics as an A-Level :P

Anyways, I'm guessing that more info about this game (and possibly a trailer) will surface at E3 next week. Hopefully by then the website will be live too. 

• Like 3

However, from a graphic design point of view, given that the digger is yellow and black it's quite likely that the creators of the image chose those colours to match and work together pleasingly. Primary/secondary colours work great in that environment, particularly given their connotations, and LEGO doesn't produce purple or orange bricks as predominantly. Just a point on that note, although I personally think it is harking back to LEGO Creator. :)

Well now we know who took Graphics as an A-Level :P

Anyways, I'm guessing that more info about this game (and possibly a trailer) will surface at E3 next week. Hopefully by then the website will be live too. 

​Haha, I actually did as well, although I wasn't too great. My brother is in his final year of graphic design at university though so I ask him for advice on anything art-related. ;)

Yes, I really hope it will be at E3, I'm getting more and more excited about the game every time I look at this topic.

This is when we find out it's just a rehash of LEGO Fusion...

• Like 2

MaelstromIslander

This is when we find out it's just a rehash of LEGO Fusion...

Of course! The best way to make a product is by making the product again while the original product is running! Pure genius!

I doubt LEGO would do that. TLG can be stupid but not that stupid. Corporate ignorance has its limits.

lol username

http://www.hothbricks.com/2015/05/lego-worlds-le-prochain-jeu-video-lego/

Pour info, on a eu une droit à une démo du truc lors de notre voyage payant au pays de la brique. C'est vraiment du Minecraft en puissance avec exploration et construction in-game, via une interface semblable à celle de LDD.

Run through Google Translate:

FYI, we had a right to a demo of the thing during our paid trip to the land of the brick. It's really Minecraft power with exploration and building in-game, via an interface similar to that of LDD.

(Likely referring to the LEGO Inside Tour)

Edit:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/minecraft-style-lego-game-could-be-in-development/1100-6427612/

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/05/27/lego-instructions-purportedly-reveal-lego-worlds.aspx

It's spreading... :3

Edited by jamesster

How come I hadn't noticed the boxart reference?

It's really neat that TT actually remembers and acknowledges the classic Lego games (see the LI references in City Undercover).

Edited by Ostoya

A follow-up comment by the guy in the Hoth Bricks comments, again run through Google Translate:

Tuttu: What we saw was not very convincing, but it was really good for the beta. The world is full to building blocks, everything is changeable at will, is fluid but it smells really the trick in La minecraft. You cross skeletons banged it takes, you can build whatever you want, the kind a plane if you have to move around etc ...

​Google Translate produces more gold, it seems..

lol username

(Re-posting this post, the forum software is kinda breaking and saying there's a second page when there isn't... Maybe this will fix it)

A follow-up comment by the guy in the Hoth Bricks comments, again run through Google Translate:

Tuttu: What we saw was not very convincing, but it was really good for the beta. The world is full to building blocks, everything is changeable at will, is fluid but it smells really the trick in La minecraft. You cross skeletons banged it takes, you can build whatever you want, the kind a plane if you have to move around etc ...

Keep the info coming, beta testers! :P

I'm excited to have a new, original LEGO game, even if it is developed by TT. Just about every LEGO game for the past ten years (with the exception of Bionicle Heroes) has been a clone of 2005's LEGO Star Wars. A LEGO Minecraft clone would actually be very fun, especially if it had multiplayer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.