The "I acquired more LEGO" thread!

mumboking

What an odd thing to find in the dirt... Maybe there's more down there?

I sure hope so! Oddly enough, the copyright date in the piece is 2010 and it was in my backyard so there's no way it could have been dropped by someone on the street. Perhaps it was my neighbors, they wouldn't help with the fence (nor would they help in any situation even if it was caused by them) so I'll claim it as their payment for not helping.

Today I went to the store to buy a Mystery Machine.

Only they didn't have any Mystery Machines.

So I bought High Speed Chase instead. It's a fun set. Nice amount of detail for the size, and very sturdy. Comes with two cars and a motorbike, plus some other accessories. Seems like a good value to me. 

I don't have pictures.Maybe when I finally find a Mystery Machine I'll set up some scenes with both sets.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a sealed original Kopaka set for 10 bucks.  I'm going to savor opening this.

The outer layer on the canister has been removed, which I bet hurts resell value, so I'm just going to enjoy it since I'm probably never going to get another sealed Toa Mata set.  

I'm extra stoked because the Kopaka that survived my childhood is a little worse for wear.

Edited by IncogM
  • Like 2

Man, I tell you what. Getting Kopaka and popping that free CD into the computer. That changed my life. Probably a really stupid event to set as a pivot point, all things considered. But it was big. It was like a whole new world opening up for the first time. And I guess it was.

• Like 3

My brother's girlfriend just came over.... and gave me this.

large.HNI_0072.JPG.c4bcae8cb0702b40ec073

Its supposed to be a micro-model of the Statue of Liberty, and that set is apparently only available in New York.

But if you ask me, it looks nothing like the real thing.

Its supposed to be a micro-model of the Statue of Liberty, and that set is apparently only available in New York.

But if you ask me, it looks nothing like the real thing.

I dunno.  Green and sassy pose with a torch is kind of close to the real thing.

I found a single 'Panel 1 x 2 x 1 with Police Red Line Pattern' and a red 1x4 brick in a charity shop today. 5 pence well spent I think.

Excellent!

I've been stopping myself from buying any more LEGO lately as I'll need all the space I can get when I move out - I don't think my apartment is particularly big. Although I did "treat myself" a month ago to a few Star Wars sets, with this coming free due to a promotional offer at the time, for nostalgia purposes as I used to have loads as a kid.

COKf8-xWEAAY4H6.jpg

Managed to find this lot (and their instruction booklets) for a quid in a jumble sale.

One pound? Good catch!

You are now bound by inter-galactic and inter-dimensional law to make some awesome insane creature from as many of those Mixels as possible. Then post it here, of course. :D

P.S. Hah, I used to use that exact tray for LEGO when I was little...

You are now bound by inter-galactic and inter-dimensional law to make some awesome insane creature from as many of those Mixels as possible. Then post it here, of course. :D

You want me... to take them apart? D8 How COULD YOU?

Nah, just kiddin'. I'll probably use the small ball-joints for some small mechs, and sort the rest of the bricks back into my collection. :P 

I ain't taking apart Burnard though. Burnard stays as he is.

P.S. Hah, I used to use that exact tray for LEGO when I was little...

Oh, I have three of 'em. All my others already have a ton of lego on 'em though. :P 

Meanwhile, back on topic...

COXmlFVWUAEKJmQ.jpg

IT ARRIVED

:3 

Dazzgracefulmoon

Went to goodwill to get some clothes and I came across this:vhc0R85.thumb.jpg.f4697e90d7020f484488b4

They were selling the jewel case for 50 cents and the boxed copy for $2.34, the boxed copy contains the game, but the jewel case has a LEGO Software demo in it.xrNHNa4.thumb.jpg.ddfc0df6b1ba35f7299182

Cheap 50$ tablet just hanging out in the background :P

Edited by Dazzgracefulmoon
  • Like 2

Local drug store down the street from me sells a lot of lower-priced Star Wars and City sets. Decided to pick up the 75078 Imperial Troop Transport today. Next time I think I'll pick up either the 60072 Demolition Starter Set or the 60077 Space Starter Set when my budget allows.

P9130003-3.png

I've bought them during the last two months, and i will probably buy more, so i can build every building and vehicle from Lego Rock Raiders PC Game:satisfied:

Those must have cost a lot!

I've bought them during the last two months, and i will probably buy more, so i can build every building and vehicle from Lego Rock Raiders PC Game:satisfied:

Those must have cost a lot!

The total cost so far is about 600 USD

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up one of the LEGO Classic baseplates at some little shop in the mountains. The green slightly bothers me, it most definitely is a different shade of green than the older plates (camera makes it look darker than it really is).

1009151659-00.jpg

Picked up one of the LEGO Classic baseplates at some little shop in the mountains. The green slightly bothers me, it most definitely is a different shade of green than the older plates (camera makes it look darker than it really is).

I've seen them in shops here and always thought they looked too bright.

• 3 weeks later...

Got 75102 today. Good set. Not 100% happy with how they did the switching between flight and attack mode though.

Just in time for Halloween! I don't have the set but I did see some reviews and yeah the switching function is weird. Blue rubber bands?

My holiday haul in a nutshell.

They say that the Orient Expedition Thunderface is really weird and maybe uncanny compared to the original. Does that hold true having the head in person?

• 2 weeks later...

I got 8010 in elementary school for good grades (before my parents realized that I didn't actually need rewards to get good grades, lol) so it was more than a bit of nostalgia that drew me to the new Darth Vader today.

http://imgur.com/B6TMyFs

The bulky shoulder armor felt more Episode III Vader to me than I would have liked, so I took off some parts and moved the cape up. I don't even really like modifying LEGO sets, but this looks a lot better imo

http://imgur.com/YT5mJWy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.