The "I acquired more LEGO" thread!

mumboking

I figured I should create this thread so we can post our new LEGO acquisitions without requiring a new thread each time. :)

Today, I bought this mostly complete 8667 Action Wheelie for £1.50. Only missing 7 pieces out of 79.

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

Shadowblaze

I own that set too, as well as the Fire Spinner 360 and the Side Rider 55. I also have a poster of those four cars in my bedroom. :P

Sweet ride! I haven't bought a new set for a little while, you've inspired me to visit my nearest LEGO store again.

Edited by JimbobJeffers

• 1 month later...

Look what I found in Poundland! Ayliffe! Jimbob! You may want to check your local Poundland to see if they have any.

DSC_0579.jpg

"fully refurbished" my butt... There's a thumbprint on the disc.

Edited by mumboking
  • Like 3

Wow, the Mask of Light movie... I remember getting it when I was like 9, back then I thought it was cool...

Here's a fun story from me: long, long ago I bought a box of bricks on the flea market that I thought was just random all that time, but recently I found out that it's the set 6054 Forestmen's Hideout, 90% complete. I only have to fill up a few bricks.

10285616_10203222788729443_5179245236440

(apologies for the crappy out of focus quality, crappy camera)

Edited by Ostoya

Mask of Light could've been really cool, had they done it right. But they didn't do it right. The story has a lot of potential so its really sad to see it spent so halfheartedly - the film really should have been a proper climax to BIONICLE.

"fully refurbished" my butt... 

You got your arse refurbished by Poundland? Wow, you must be desperate... :P

Anyways, I managed to get a couple of bargains recently. I found 44015 EVO Walker loose at a church jumble sale for the measly sum of 50 pennies, and 6552 Rocky River Retreat in it's box for 8 quid! Huzzah! 

Mask of Light could've been really cool, had they done it right. But they didn't do it right. The story has a lot of potential so its really sad to see it spent so halfheartedly - the film really should have been a proper climax to BIONICLE.

I'm just gonna leave this appropriate video here: 

• Like 3

Here's a fun story from me: long, long ago I bought a box of bricks on the flea market that I thought was just random all that time, but recently I found out that it's the set 6054 Forestmen's Hideout, 90% complete. I only have to fill up a few bricks.

(apologies for the crappy out of focus quality, crappy camera)

Neat. But.. broken image. ?

Anyways, I managed to get a couple of bargains recently. I found 44015 EVO Walker loose at a church jumble sale for the measly sum of 50 pennies, and 6552 Rocky River Retreat in it's box for 8 quid! Huzzah!

Huzzah.gif

Huh? I knew it was a horrible photo, but I could see it perfectly... replaced it with a different crappy one.

Huh? I knew it was a horrible photo, but I could see it perfectly... replaced it with a different crappy one.

Now that one I can see! Nice! The most annoying thing is when unique parts are missing.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I WANTED TO STAY ON MY CHAIR FOR MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES

We have that movie... somewhere... and we watched it, hmm, once? Maybe not even that, I might have gotten bored

They sell LEGO movies (well, let alone a movie that is actually somewhat decent at all) like that in Poundland? I've only ever popped in there to grab toolboxes for storing LEGO parts. Thanks, I'll have to take another look in there some time!

Yeah, guy has a few hits and a few misses for me in his first video, but overall I agree with the gist of things. Its a mediocre movie, and Jaller's VA was awful.

The whole Lord of the Rings bit was silly, though. It's not like they saw it in 2003, then sat down and made this movie. It was in development concurrently. Yeah there are similarities, but that's because they both follow the quest story archetype that literally everyone uses.

They sell LEGO movies (well, let alone a movie that is actually somewhat decent at all) like that in Poundland?

They sell used CDs and DVDs that are supposedly refurbished. This happened to be at the front of the shelf. It just depends on what they get in.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've gone a little eBay crazy lately.  I have 5 different orders of Throwbots/Slizers and Roboriders on the way.  (And a normal Lego set.)

The first one actually showed up yesterday, a sealed The Boss Roborider.
559be01be5939_51R6HM93XVL1.thumb.jpg.d14 

Never opened in 14 years.  Open it up just to discover its missing one of the rubber wheels.  Awesome.  

The upside is that I ordered an incomplete Millenia Slizer set that should be getting here today and I wasn't necessarily going to use the (identical) tires for a MOC.

Edited by IncogM

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked this up from O. P. Taylor's.

large.55b0664904ab3_Bennys_Spaceship_Spa

Yeah, I really like that ship. It really has a "modern retro" feel to it.

Sorry to double post, but I got another ship.

6979 Interstellar Starfighter.

And here it is next to Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Neat! They seem to be in excellent condition too!

Yeah, they're basically new.  I believe they're promotional posters that a store would have received to put up, not to sell.  The seller had multiples of most of them (I got the last Tahu) so I'm wondering if he owned, worked, or knew someone at a Lego store or maybe he was a rep for Lego at the time.  He also has 20+ of a Bionicle pin that a different seller says he purchased at a Lego store.  

They're rare enough that he had to create a custom item for them at Bricklink, which normally has even the most oddball gear.  I could be completely wrong, but I couldn't find any other information out about these.  They're the same image as the mini-posters, so google isn't much use.

Edited by IncogM

RacerRabbit

Just picked this up from O. P. Taylor's.

large.55b0664904ab3_Bennys_Spaceship_Spa

Yeah, I really like that ship. It really has a "modern retro" feel to it.

I bought that set and The Lego Movie on DVD when it came out!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.