aidenpons

EDIT: Having trouble with images. [img=] doesn't work, and the "insert image from URL" is refusing to load the image properly.

GAR STOP AUTO-INSERTING INTO SOME STRANGE FUNNY SUMMARISER OF A TOPIC <-- That's where I got the name from. =P

This is the third in the series to post (the Railgun was the second), but amusingly it was the first to be built. =P Now, all I've got left to make is an aerial vehicle, and 'll have a full set. =P Anyways:

large.IMG_9499.JPG.1b0753938a7abb22b94a2

Well, as you can see from the oh-so-dramatic front view, it's a sort of car-y thingy. =P It has two pullback motors (one for each axle) that allow it to travel about 3m on carpet and a lot more on wood or concrete. Arnaments include two small lasers, one BIG laser, three cannons, two disk firer-ers that are there for cosmetic effect only, and a launcher of... some unnamed projectile? (Volo sphere?) The reason the disk launchers are for cosmetic effect is a) the disk are long since lost, and b) the launching stick is always on the right. This means that the launcher in the right of the above picture has its arm broken off. (Not purposefully for this, I should add).

large.IMG_9500.JPG.8eecf0981d3fbef7e8d5d

This is the front. The cannon on the front can hinge up and down (the other launcher there can't), and there's me again. =P I've taken out the cockpits because after years of being in the Lego box they're nastily scratched and no real details can be made out from them. Also, the wheels have that green circle in them: that's a glow-in-the-dark piece that came with some Racers sets a while ago. It took me ages to hunt down all four of them =P.

large.IMG_9501.JPG.7da5113457abccae6766e

The back is where pretty much everything is. The giant laser has a minimum angle of about 20, and a maximum of 90. (Oh, and of course this measurement is in radians. What else would you expect? =P) The two cannons use a mounting system that enables them to move up and down but nowhere else (they can only turn on any axis, which makes them go up/down), so I don't entirely know why I bothered. =P

large.IMG_9503.JPG.82f4a703d0897b7e82bf9

Of course this is the side view! What else would you expect? =P

[AwkwardEndingOfTopicOnARandomNote] =P

Edited by aidenpons
  • Like 2

EDIT: Having trouble with images. [img=] doesn't work, and the "insert image from URL" is refusing to load the image properly.

Try "Insert existing attachment".

The giant laser has a minimum angle of about 20, and a maximum of 90. (Oh, and of course this measurement is in radians. What else would you expect? =P)

​So... a minimum angle of about 1,145.91559 degrees, and a maximum of 5,156.62016 degrees?

Hidden Content

​Oh, okay then quote... Don't let me quote a spoiler...

Edited by mumboking
I greatly dislike the fact that we are forced to use the WYSIWYG editor.

Try "Insert existing attachment".

The giant laser has a minimum angle of about 20, and a maximum of 90. (Oh, and of course this measurement is in radians. What else would you expect? =P)

​So... a minimum angle of about 1,145.91559 degrees, and a maximum of 5,156.62016 degrees?

Hidden Content

​Oh, okay then quote... Don't let me quote a spoiler...

​The attachment bit worked! :D Thanks!

Hmm: after converting the ludicrous numbers down to something between 0 and 360 (as if you turn something 361 degrees it's the same as if you'd turned it 1 degree), it has a minimum of 65.911559 deg and a maximum of 116.62016 deg.

Also, I'm fine with the WYSIWYG editor, providing something better's done for images. Scrolling through vast images to edit text is not fun.

Fluffy Cupcake

We get it, move on!

I'm not a fan of it either but you don't see me whining about it x5 times a day where it won't make a difference.

...I can't even remove aidenpons' quote from this post.

We get it, move on!

I'm not a fan of it either but you don't see me whining about it x5 times a day where it won't make a difference.

...I can't even remove aidenpons' quote from this post.

​See, the WYSIWYG editor isn't very good. l405G.jpg I can't even tell who I'm quoting!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.