On Obtaining Copious Quantities Of Elastic Bands For MOCs

aidenpons

Well, what'd you think this is? An advertising campaign for the Jeep? l405G.jpg (Mind you, the title does sound a little bit like a spambot. If anybody wants to parody this, go ahead. l405G.jpg)

Ever wanted to get some elastic bands to make a ballista, or even to give your Muaka a little more oopmh? But you've only got three left.... and it would be such a shame to waste those...

Well, turns out you can get copious quantities extremely cheaply. You go the saddlery. What's that you ask? "Horse item shop" I say. "WHAT?" you screech? 'l405G.jpg' I say. (Say? :S)

I'm not quite sure why (having never had a like for horses), but I think they're used to hold the horse's mane back so it doesn't get in the rider's face... or something. Whatever it is, they come in the hundreds (literally) and are extremely cheap.

Now yes, a cheap and common item generally does not also have the tag "quality." That's perfectly fine though: you're only putting elastic bands on a small Lego set. l405G.jpg They do break and fray, and far more easily than Lego's bands do, but they work. Quite well too, and they don't lose any of their power until they snap. Plus, since you have copious quantities (yes, my objective is to say "copious quantities" as many times as possible here l405G.jpg) you can always stack large amounts copious quantities on them. And if they snap after a week or so (I find they last for as much as three months?), you can put more on. l405G.jpg Plenty more copious quantities of fish in the sea!

I've found the bag to break sooner than all the bands are used up, as you get copious quantities for less than 5NZD and the bag is not extremely good quality. So what? Just stuff them in another bag. l405G.jpg

There is a drawback, and it's that the elastic bands have 1cm diameter. I haven't found something with more (like for the Bohrok), but this works perfectly well for everything else, and MOCs. 1cm is perfectly usable anyway.

(I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I figured here would be the best. And if it's common knowledge, so what, but I didn't find this out easily l405G.jpg)

Edited by aidenpons
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.