LDD2POVRay Decrypter

Excalibur

Maybe I should have posted in this forum than the general LEGO discussion forum - I'm not really sure - I'm working on studying LDD2POVRay, and are trying to fix a few bugs with it:

- The necessity to have LDD2POVRay (aka LXF2POV) running when rendering. This is a major bug and needs fixing pronto.

- All those .bin files in the LDDIncludes directory are goobly-gook and are not readable. This is a major flaw and needs fixing too.

- You don't have the freedom to swap pieces with other (higher resolution) pieces.

- You don't have the freedom to swap one graphic that's mapped onto a plate with another graphic. (Maybe you do, but it isn't easily accessible)

See here for my first thread, and my last posts for some info about the encrypted bin files inside the LDDIncludes directory.

So, my question to you would be would you rather see a tool like LDD2POVRay pump out unencrypted files for use with POVRay, or a simple little tool that can decrypt the output in the LDDIncludes directory to plain text?

Interestingly, the program seems set up to accommodate the last option, because there's a checkbox to not create includes. If you have the unencrypted includes on your harddrive, then you would need to avoid creating the includes as they'd be overwritten with the encrypted files I think.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.