I have a new toy :D

mumboking

mumboking

DSC_0515.jpg

Hmm... What's this? :D

Unfortunately, Ubuntu 14.04 doesn't have the drivers available in the repositories. :(
I could use a different way of installing them, but I don't want to do it those ways.

The funny thing is, it performs way worse with the 970 than with the on board graphics, at least without the NVidia drivers installed. The reason for that is because there's no 3D acceleration with the open source drivers it's using. xD

Sorry about the image size... I wish we had a way of resizing them. Some other forum I use can do this: [img width=X height=Y]Image link here

Edited by mumboking

aidenpons

... 4GB on the graphics card is faster than the total ram of all but one of our desktop computers =P

EDIT: CYREM WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE IMAGE INSERTER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

MaelstromIslander

So is this one of those massive servers you put in your desk or is it just a graphics card with a really big box?

mumboking

So is this one of those massive servers you put in your desk or is it just a graphics card with a really big box?

​The second one. It's got to protect the card. :P

Fluffy Cupcake

=P

EDIT: CYREM WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE IMAGE INSERTER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

​I actually prefer seeing that over the old tongue.

Cool new toy mumboking! :D

Very nice. Despite all of the naysayers complaining about the last 0.5 GB being much slower than the other 3.5, this is a very good card.

I'm currently nickel and dimeing to get a 750ti for cheap to throw in my desktop. Yeah, I finally got a desktop.

By Jove that's spiffing, welcome to the club you lucky Brit! I have the same card by a different manufacture. Games play sooo smoothly.

If you want to really push its limits and own Minecraft, try installing the shaders mod; it's what I used in this video.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.