Return To Planet U Megathread

Redacted

Hello people!

This is the official thread of Return To Planet U!

In here I will post news, updates, sneak peaks and much more!

You can also ask all of your questions here! ;)

I hope you will enjoy seeing the little updates I may post from time to time. Can't wait to finish this! ;)

Stuff currently under development:

Monsters:

Scorpion:

rtpu_scorp1.thumb.png.6b0a1d01a1ef0904efrtpu_scorp2.thumb.png.595943df1df0bdfd5c

Slimey slug:

RtPu_slug.thumb.png.c9d4f66f56df8c7f7f39

Also, here are some preview images and mockups:

rtpu_beta1.thumb.png.2f96293a456049852bfrtpu_beta2.thumb.png.003cb2ddc02f98a5592rtpu_beta3.thumb.png.c8061519f7ac0d07fc0rtpu_beta4.thumb.png.81d075ce0a2f04c561d

Edited by Pascal

MaelstromIslander

dem slugs be creepy.

So, is this game playable now? It looks playable. :P (Also, that Rock Raider model looks a bit rough, but it might just be the angle.)

It's far from playable eheh :P

I'm forced to rewrite the framework for the 4th time thanks to unity5 ;)

Also, that image was just a joke :P The Commander mode will look way different.

It's so nice to hear that! Sometimes I forget why I'm still working on this.. But then I remember all of you guys! Ya'll inspired me to do this and I can't wait to finish it!

Those are some excellent screenshots Pascal. You've clearly put a lot of effort into this and I'm very excited to see progress on this project as it unfolds!

Thank you all for the great comments! They help me stay motivated, which is a hard thing when developing a game this big on your own ;)

Also, todat is the day to start working on scorpion AI! ;)

rtpu_beta5.thumb.png.bb0d20dfc610820f583

• 1 month later...

I need to know if there are people still interested for it. Then I'll know I still need to put time into it.

• 3 weeks later...

My motivation for this is gone at the moment. I will not cancel this, since I want to see it finished. It will take a lot of time and effort.

Right now I'm working on a different project, so I have more freedom with the ideas I have. Also, It will help me learn more about programming.

Estimated release date of RtPu: 5 weeks after hl3.

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm still interested. Don't know about the others though.

As long as I'm on RRU, I'll always be interested.

• 1 month later...

I'm not forcing you to do it straight away, but I await till the time you implement the Chrome Crusher...

...that is, if you do plan to implement it, do you?

Making the LMS explorer is pretty hard, since there are only a couple of LRR cutscenes where you can see it. But i'm doing my best. This screenshot is the beginning of the character selection screen. (There will also be options to freely move around in the LMS explorer) Sorry for the bad lighting though, was just a quick screenshot ;P

Time for some more moddeling, will give you an update A.S.A.P

sheepandshepherd

I really like the untextured but shaded look of the ship, for some reason. Maybe because of how sleek and Lego-like it looks. Are you planning to keep the stuff made of bricks untextured?

Yeah, walking around and exploring the LMS Explorer between cavern excursions would be pretty amazing :)

Fluffy Cupcake

Looks okay, as for the model though the ceiling looks a bit bland. I understand you are still working on it though.

Looks okay, as for the model though the ceiling looks a bit bland. I understand you are still working on it though.

Going to add more depth into the ceiling later. this room is just a couple of tiles, but i'll ditch that idea for something better(This method creates black lines at the edges when light baking.

Looks pretty good. I was thinking, maybe you should color the lights a little. It gives a little bit of atmosphere. Actually, you should do this for the areas with windows on space, and also you should make everything that isn't directly lit from the star unlit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.