LDD Custom Models

MaelstromIslander

MaelstromIslander

So basically the whole point in this topic is to ask whether it is possible to make custom bricks/parts in LDD, or impossible. This is more of a casual chat/shoutbox message thing but for some reason the shoutbox, and the chat, is missing.

Anyway, when i asked this in the chat when it existed, ace told me to ask alcom. I never had a chance to do so, so this is what came out of it. So here it is, this topic, is it possible, or not?

A quick search says that it isn't possible without cracking into the software. Whether that means extracting the db.lif file or not I don't know, I've only explored decoration modification.

Even if it was possible, you'd need a lot of skill in 3D software to not just produce the parts accurately but also have them correctly scaled and collision-meshed.

There is however a topic in which people make 'custom parts' using current parts, so if you're looking for something specific it may be there.

Edited by JimbobJeffers

• 2 weeks later...
Excalibur

The program is coded in C++ so it makes it a lot more difficult to 'crack' into the software.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.