Raider-Life: [Stupid] RRU ICTON Fanfiction parodies

Ben24x7

EDIT - 04/07/2020

[ I've decided to delete the contents of this post because, frankly, this was never funny to begin with. It was a lazy, derivative "parody"-(which-wasn't-even-a-parody) of Icton's "Half-Life: Full Life Consequences" series albeit with a few words/names changed.

This whole  "parody"  started because back when RRU had Shoutbox (some form of IRC chatroom), I once started to quote "Quarter-Life: Half Way to Destruction" but with the names/phrasing changed to reference members of this community. I thought it was funny at the time and made this topic to document it, as well as apply the same idea to the rest of the series.

In retrospect, it was a pile of trash from the start and I don't think anybody will miss it if I delete it ]

• Like 2

I knew i could've just edited the last post, but I thought I might go ahead and list all of the members I've possibly offended overall;

*Ahem*

- Ayliffe [Even though it was funny in the first one, the character he replaces dies at the end]

- Jamesster [Referred to as 'Jamey' in the first one dies along with all of RRU's Moderators and administratiors]

- RRU's Moderators and Administrators [die along with Jamesster in first one]

- le717 [For horrible format when I made-up the first story and posted it in the shoutbox]

- Grapheme [For being epic even though it involved him having to beat up Ayliffe]

- Cirevam [For saying his Mother died in the third one (because that was what happened in the original source]

- Any and All Female Members of RRU [For making it sound like Trolls only beat up women which, I swear, was accidental]

- Trolls [because obvious reasons]

- People with perfect spelling [because obvious reasons]

- ICTON [For me parodying their videos]

- PeabodySam [For horrible assumption judging by a poorly made title by me]

And finally

- Myself [For being the usual immature imbecile I am]

What's this?

A RRU-themed Full Life Consequences?

And Quarter-Life: Halfway to Destruction, too?

HLFC___Free_men_GIF_2_by_B_o_S.gif

This is going to be awesome!

... Or, so I thought.

To be honest, after reading, I'm a little disappointed.  I very quickly noticed that this is really just the two fanfics taken word-for-word, only with the Half-Life names and terms replaced with those related to RRU.  I think I would have gotten a lot more enjoyment out of it if you had rewritten these stories from the ground up rather than just copy/paste (for example, like what BOB.EXE did for Sonic.exe), or if you had written a completely original story based entirely on RRU but still had the style of these legendary fanfics (for example, like what Quarter-Life: Origin of Doom did for these two stories).  Think of all the potential, all the scenarios, all the shenanigans on RRU that would have lent themselves wonderfully to a "stylistic suck" fanfic.  That was what I was hoping to see, rather than just serial numbers filed off.

Also, just as a quick tip, ICTON did not make Full Life Consequences or Quarter-Life.  They only made the Garry's Mod adaptations.  The original fanfics were written by Mattimer (under the pen name "squirrelking") and Peter Chimaera (of DOOM: Repercussions of Evil "And then John was a zombie" fame), respectively.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.