LEGO Dimensions

emily

May I add another glitch to your list of LoTR bugs?

On one occasion, where you do Story Mode in "Taming Gollum" (at least, if I remember if that's what the level is called), I was playing Frodo and my friend was playing Sam. The glitch came in when I ran into a dark cave where the player is meant to collect, I think, pieces of a fishing rod, and after a while of waiting I unequipped the light thing Frodo uses to se in dark caves.

The game didn't push me out of the cave though, it pushed me into the cave. Dropping myself and letting Frodo be CPUed for a while didn't work either. Eventually, we decided to restart the level.

But yes, I really can agree that most, if not all, TT Games are buggy.

So over on eurobricks someone found this article with some quite interesting info we haven't heard before. Some main points of interest are:

>Elisabeth Banks (you know, the one who voiced Wyldstyle in TLM) will be back to voice Wyldstyle in Dimensions. Yay proper voice actors!

>You know the area in front of the main portal that's divided in two? That can be used to scan figures into the game as well. In fact, the whole pad can scan in up to 7 bases at the same time. Blimey.

>At one point in the game, batman from the Lego Batman games meets the one from TLM. Oh boy dis gon be good.

>The base game released this year will be supported with new content for at least two years. Compared to skylanders which seems to get a new base game every couple of months, this seems like a pretty good investment.

>And last but not least, more info about the game will be revealed at E3 in June.

I really hope 4-player mode is a thing, even though I would probably never use it. (Or perhaps a player can have up to 3 characters they can quickly switch between or have in a team?) 

I'm trying to work out the different themes in that first picture... Am I right in saying they're:

• The Hobbit/LOTR
  • The LEGO Movie
  • Chima (those flying blue ape things?)
  • BIONICLEtoothygrinrilla... That big fella in the background
  • Some ninja TLM bots or something at the front

I'm trying to work out the different themes in that first picture... Am I right in saying they're:

• Chima (those flying blue ape things?)

Nope, those are the flying monkey things from the wizard of oz.

• BIONICLEtoothygrinrilla... That big fella in the background

At a guess he's probably Vortech, that main bad guy who was mentioned a lot in various press releases but was never really shown.

• Some ninja TLM bots or something at the front

The ones that look like ninjas with laser-eyes and swords? Those are nindroids from ninjago, mainly from last year.

EDIT: Am I the only person who is literally unable to reply to any topics by Pereki? 

Edited by Ayliffe

• 3 weeks later...

More upcoming sets were found on Walmart's servers:

Fun Packs

• Chima — Cragger

• Chima — Eris

• Chima — Laval

Team Packs

• Jurassic World

• Scooby Doo

Level Packs

• The Simpsons
  • Portal

So LEGO Portal is really happening!

http://brickinquirer.com/2015/05/02/7-new-lego-dimensions-fun-team-level-packs-leak-for-lego-dimensions-includes-portal/

Edited by Pereki

• 2 weeks later...

http://brickset.com/article/15231/more-dimensions-packs-revealed-in-instructions

Instructions for the BTTF Level Pack went online, with ads in the back for a bunch of the new expansions. Then people in the comments started finding instructions for those:

Simpsons

http://assets.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6129871.pdf

Portal

http://assets.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6129874.pdf

Dr. Who

http://assets.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6129875.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Did they actually get Christopher Lloyd for this, or is that a standin Doc Brown?

​In a new video featuring actor Christopher Lloyd reprising his famous role as Doc Brown from the Back to the Future films

• Like 2

Oh hey, commenting is back on news topics. That's nice. Anyway, let me put the video here in case you're too lazy to clicky on the link above:

As for my thoughts on this vid, I definitely preferred this live-action trailer over the last one, mainly because Christopher Lloyd (someone who, unlike the previous guy, can actually act) was in it. On another note, a couple of weeks ago I noticed this rather interesting image from the game's extended trailer...

CE5hrKjWIAEhs5x.png

You see that beige-ish flying saucer thing on the right of the screen? You recognize it? Well it seems to be a rather out-of-scale version of this...

dalek-ship.jpg

Yep, it's one of the Daleks flying saucers from Doctor Who, which means that we're probably getting a ton more non-Capaldi Dr Who stuff within the game as well as that level pack. :D 

Also how did nobody notice this for a whole month? 

This is heavy, Doc.

There's that word again, "heavy". Why are things so heavy in the future, is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?

Oooh boy am I going to love this.

• 2 weeks later...

So there's another short trailer-y thingy for that dimensions game, which you can catch below:

The trailer doesn't really show much (other than the "3 builds per mini-model" thing), but the description has a ton of juicy details...

Unlock the unique powers and abilities with characters, vehicles, and gadgets from Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons, Doctor Who, Ghostbuster, Portal, Jurassic World, Midway Arcade, LEGO Chima, DC Comics, Back to the Future, Wizard of Oz, and Ninjago!

Not only does this officially reveal (albeit not very well) all those packs that were leaked before, but it also reveals the rather unexpected addition of, um, Midway Arcade. Wow, TT games really seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for IPs here.

Oh yeah, and there's this image:

CGf6-wKUIAAMkIp.png

EDIT: Some more images of the game here. And here. And here. And here and here. Oh, and here.

In Ayliffe's third picture link, I couldn't help but notice how two of the images use a Cel shading style (drawn outlines and more). This possibly means the game will use different rendering styles based on what world the player is currently playing in.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-original-lego-family-could-have-been-the-villa/1100-6427766/

"I went through several different approaches at first, including one where the "villains" of the piece were finally revealed to be the original LEGO family set from 1974 who were angry they had been replaced by minifigures."

In case you're wondering what they're talking about, here's a picture of the 1974 lego family:

5058040424_73b571b18c_z.jpg

Wow, I actually kinda wish they left that in. Would've been fun for sure.

• Like 3

MaelstromIslander

Wow, I actually kinda wish they left that in. Would've been fun for sure.

See? Now THAT'S a creative enemy. I too wish that was left in the game, and i honestly have no clue why LEGO would go against it. Maybe the executives wanted a bad guy with a snappy name who was really really evil (which is the boring tradition) and chose that over this instead. If they're going to have DUPLO as the bad guys in TLM, then why can't the 1974 LEGO Family be the bad guys in this?

Looks like they didn't do any special mechanics or anything for Portal. It's just standard TT game + dimensional gate gimmic that provides yet another way to solve the same puzzles we've been doing since LSW. Ah well.

lol username

Looks like they didn't do any special mechanics or anything for Portal. It's just standard TT game + dimensional gate gimmic that provides yet another way to solve the same puzzles we've been doing since LSW. Ah well.

• Like 3

Ayliffe, you may have beaten me to posting that LEGO Dimensions Portal Gameplay, but you just said "Portal stuff"...

...there is more to that gameplay than just a Portal level! It shows a few new things not shown to the public until now.

Apparently, according to the Portal gameplay, the Minifig/Vehicle Pad can be used for more than just putting characters and vehicles into the game, some mechanics are actually built around the Pad. Some shown in the Gameplay footage involve the ability to rescale characters, hop into coloured Dimensional holes (a bit like Portals themselves), etc.

Edited by Ben24x7

New trailer? Sure, why not:

Lotsa Portal stuff in this. I'm guessing that another IP will be revealed at San Deigo Comic Con?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.