LEGO Dimensions

emily

Well it's the 9th of April for me, but welcome to +12 timezones. However, it's 5pm as I type, so logically they have to based somewhere probably around America (what a surprise) for it to not be 9 April for them. l405G.jpg

Anyway, I'm just quietly going to stay up until midnight to find out what the heck is going on be watching at midnight and waiting at 12 o'clock at midnight. l405G.jpg

But wait? This whole thing looks a bit like a Chima crystal as they appear in drawn form: e.g. the back cover of the Lego Club magazine some time ago (Dec 2013 or something)...

... or am I now spouting utter nonsense? l405G.jpg

So we've got TLM, LOTR, Batman (unless he is part of TLM in this case) and Back To The Future... ...what next?

I won't lie, this is a pretty intriguing ARG(?).

t5YB0su.png

Boom.

There's also a product description:

When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO® worlds, different characters from DC Comics™, Lord of the Rings™ and the LEGO® Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman™, Gandalf™ and Wyldstyle™ bravely jump into the vortex to rescue their friends and fight to save all of LEGO humanity.
Let your creativity be your guide as you build the LEGO Gateway to adventure, journeying through unexpected worlds and teaming-up with unlikely allies on the quest to defeat the evil Lord Vortech. Play with characters you never thought you could see in a LEGO game together, using vehicles and weapons you never thought possible. LEGO Bad Cop™ driving the DeLorean Time Machineâ¦why not?! The Ninjago Masters of Spinjitsu fighting alongside Wonder Woman™...yes, please! Get ready to break the rules, because the only rule with LEGO Dimensions is that there are no rules.
The LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack is all you need to begin - build your base and embark on a fantastic quest. Included in the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack:

• LEGO Dimensions videogame
  • LEGO Toy Pad
  • LEGO Gateway building bricks
  • 3 LEGO minifigures (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle)
  • LEGO Batmobile vehicle 

• Like 3

No saying for certain until the official reveal, but... Wii U exclusive? gallery_3221_470_5381.png

Also, I love how they're all like ALL BETS ARE OFF ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN THIS IS NEW AND EXCITING when its just characters that have already interacted in the LEGO Movie, sans the BTTF stuff.

MaelstromIslander

I'm not touching this until they release Benny (Or King Kahuka). It /did/ sound... exciting i guess... But when they mentioned Wii U i just thought "lego you suck".

On 4/9/2015 at 0:48 PM, Pereki said:

No saying for certain until the official reveal, but... Wii U exclusive? gallery_3221_470_5381.png

Nope, thanks to this link 'ere we now know that it will be available for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and Wii U...

Hang on, no PC version? D8

EDIT: It also costs $100. Bloody 'ell.

DOUBLE EDIT: Trailer!

Well I didn't see the Wizard of Oz stuff coming.

$100 + console exclusive = a big nope for me, especially since the concept isn't really grabbing me anyway. Will watch an online walkthrough just to see what's going on, I guess.

On 4/9/2015 at 2:12 PM, Pereki said:

$100 + console exclusive = a big nope for me, especially since the concept isn't really grabbing me anyway. Will watch an online walkthrough just to see what's going on, I guess.

Yeah, I doubt I'll be getting the game if it's just for consoles, which is a shame because the concept actually looked kinda interesting to me. The really good news is that by the looks of things the minifigures will be just normal minifigs on removable bases, which means a really excellent way of getting figures from really pricey sets for a lot less, so chances are I'll be getting them by the bucketload. :P

EDIT: Some bloke on Youtube found images of them expansion packs I was talking about. THIS is where my money will all go :P

Now that's a LEGO game. Screw all the TT games we've had for so many years - this is the LEGO universe* I've been waiting for. And I'm so glad it was made for multiple consoles, I will almost certainly be buying it unless it's reviewed as atrocious.

* RIP LEGO Universe

• Like 2

lol username

Same.

Still, people have been saying "why hasn't LEGO done a proper toys-to-life" game for quite a while now. It's one of those genres that seems like a really natural fit for LEGO, but hadn't been done for whatever reason (aside from LMO's tie-in with the minifig bags). Hmmm, boy oh boy, I wonder what genre TT will take on next? ;)

• Like 3

There's a Wicked Witch of the West Fun Pack. I guess this is the outcome of the Oz project on Ideas reaching 10,000.

New Unikitty variant in her Fun Pack - that might be the only set from this line I pick up.

Starrocks923

I'm not touching this until they release Benny (Or King Kahuka). It /did/ sound... exciting i guess... But when they mentioned Wii U i just thought "lego you suck".

As the only WiiU owner on Earth, I'm appalled at how all the DLC has been on every system except WiiU. The WiiU, for all its faults, is perfectly capable of DLC.

With that being said, I'm glad this is for all consoles. I might actually buy it after I find a good deal to cut the cost by 60%...

Do we know how much the Fun Packs will cost? If I can manage it, I might buy a few. 

Hm, after watching the extended trailer several times I noticed there are a couple of sneaky hints for what the next level packs could be. In case you're interested here they are:

1:02 - Mr 'I can't act for toffee' gets out one of those detector thingys they use in Ghostbusters. Hinting towards a Ghostbusters level pack perhaps?

1:10 - The TV starts playing the hurricane scene from the Wizard Of Oz for no reason. More fun packs and level packs for The Wizard of Oz?

5:10 - He's got a donut, but not any old donut. he's got the specific donut with pink icing and sprinkles that a certain Homer Simpson likes...

Hm, after watching the extended trailer several times I noticed there are a couple of sneaky hints for what the next level packs could be. In case you're interested here they are:

1:02 - Mr 'I can't act for toffee' gets out one of those detector thingys they use in Ghostbusters. Hinting towards a Ghostbusters level pack perhaps?

1:10 - The TV starts playing the hurricane scene from the Wizard Of Oz for no reason. More fun packs and level packs for The Wizard of Oz?

5:10 - He's got a donut, but not any old donut. he's got the specific donut with pink icing and sprinkles that a certain Homer Simpson likes...

Huh, I didn't notice those, they are almost definitely intentional - all the mise-en-scene had to be set up by someone. Here are a few more:

0:27 - The Tower of Orthanc is on display. Also, there are three knobs on his guitar... Half-Life 3 confirmed?

0:33 - Digger on the top-right shelf, perhaps a LEGO City line? Although it looks a bit Technic.

0:46 - Do those schematics build anything?

2:30 - LEGO dinosaur, so I assume it's Jurassic Park. Also is that a Star Wars walker on the bottom shelf?

2:32 - Superman set, very clearly.

If it weren't for the $100 price tag, I'd buy this as soon as it came out. Because of the $100 price tag, I'm going to have to wait for a sale or something that brings the price down to at least $60 or less. This game looks very interesting, and if it has free-build worlds (like the LU properties or Disney Infinity's Toy Box), then I know it's going to be the best Lego game ever. (Ever since LU was closed I've been waiting a long time for a game where you can build and interact with Lego bricks in a custom world. Minecraft is pretty close, but it's not exactly Lego bricks, and it has its own unique style.)

Looks like some sort of love letter from LEGO to Warner Bros. Might as well say
"Visit all of your favorite magical and incredible Warner Brothers movie titles!"

• Like 3

2:30 - LEGO dinosaur, so I assume it's Jurassic Park. Also is that a Star Wars walker on the bottom shelf?

No, it's a micro-manager.

Also, by looking very closely at the leaked product images, I can tell that the base-plate disc brick thing is part# 18603.
I've also collated all the set numbers into this list :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.