Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

Terrev

Chima Online Closing on June 1

4 posts in this topic

Alcom posted this on Skype. The moderator has insisted many times it's not an April Fools Day thing.

Please login or register to see this link.

Hello everyone,

The Legends of CHIMA Online team has an important message to share:

"We hope you have enjoyed playing CHIMA Online. We are sorry to tell you that the game will no longer be accessible starting June 1, 2015 at 9:00am EST both online and through our iOS app. On this date, you will no longer be able to play the game or spend any remaining Gold Bricks.

Please be aware that if you have any remaining Gold Bricks, you must use them before the game goes offline on June 1, 2015 at 9:00am EST.

We hope you had a great time exploring the world of CHIMA Online.

Thank you,

The Game Team"

Please post here with any questions about this announcement. Please reach out to WB Games Customer Service with any game-related questions such as memberhips, bricks, etc. You can reach WB Games support at support.wbgames.com.

And as repeated throughout the topic in reply to various users:

We are sorry that the retirement of LEGO Legends of CHIMA Online has disappointed you. We absolutely hate to disappoint our fans and that was definitely not our intent here. Over time almost all LEGO themes, sets, and games are retired or put on an extended break. Since we cannot keep all things forever, we must eventually retire the old to make way for the new. When planning for the future we decided that it was the best time to retire LEGO Legends of CHIMA Online. We agree that it is an awesome game that has some passionate fans like you, but we also felt, based on many different factors, that the time had come for it to end. We hope that in the future you’ll love some our new offerings as much as you enjoyed LEGO Legends of CHIMA Online.

No, I won't be making a massive video playthrough of this like I did LU. I haven't even played it for ages. Maybe somebody else can try archiving it somehow... If Chima even really got enough of a dedicated fanbase for that...

The game's development quietly stopped quite a while back, it's just been coasting along without any updates/patches.

Sources: Please login or register to see this link.

3 people like this

My first reaction: Good riddance. l405G.jpg

The game's development quietly stopped quite a while back, it's just been coasting along without any updates/patches.
Oh what a wonderful surprise, I would never have guessed that! Of course not!

I'm not particularly surprised this happened: Lego's games come and they go, this is just one more slightly less worthy brick in the pile.

Well, at least there are no large communities built up around Chima Online like where were with LEGO Universe. Chima Online was trash all along and they needed to close it ages ago.

Maybe the LMBers won't make "Bring Chima Online Back" and "Chima Online 2 Confirmed!" topics :P

I played it for some time, but when i learned i couldn't play as the raven species, i knew this game was going down a bad road. :P