LR1 In-Game Sounds

J Reggie

Ever since I extracted the JAM file and converted all of the PCMs to WAV files, I have been listening to them and have had a few questions/comments about some of them.  If anyone else has any questions or observations about any of the PCM sounds, you can talk about them here.  

BOO.PCM (In the folder for Dark Forest Dash) - Does anyone know when or where this is used in the track?  I don't remember ever hearing it, and I would think I would remember something like that.  (For those of you who don't have the files, it's just someone saying "Boo!".)

O.T.
I was also wondering when in the process of development the first two Castle tracks were switched. It must have been pretty late, because their circuit numbers are switched in the names of the folders. Does anybody know more about this?

PARROT.PCM (Used in many tracks, most notably at the beginning of Tribal Island Trail.)  As a kid, I always used to think this sound was some kind of glitch.  It sounded kind of like the noise that AOL would make when signing on with a dial-up modem.  I was quite surprised when I extracted the JAM to see that it was called "Parrot".  I've never heard a parrot make that noise, although admittedly I haven't seen that many parrots in general, and it just sounds to computer-y compared to all of the other, more realistic bird sounds in the game. 

ROCKSUS.PCM (In the "common" folder) - I only recently noticed this sound in-game, I'm surprised I hadn't noticed it before.  I noticed in another thread, people were having trouble figuring out when it was used.  I think it's supposed to tell you that a rocket is homing in on you and you should watch out.  I've heard similar sounds in other games for the same purpose, and I wonder if that's just a trope in videogames, or if there's actually some kind of device that makes that sound when there's a missile aiming at you.  

Additionally, I was wondering about the voices labeled TC.  I know that stands for Turbo Charger, but I remember hearing those voices when I used Pharaoh's Mummy's head.  Did they somehow get switched around?

Fluffy Cupcake

Additionally, I was wondering about the voices labeled TC.  I know that stands for Turbo Charger, but I remember hearing those voices when I used Pharaoh's Mummy's head.  Did they somehow get switched around?

Voices are pretty messed up. IIRC King Kahuka does some sounds from the beeps at the race start, and there are other mess-ups that I can't list off the top of my head.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.