Bring your LEGO to Life

emily

VideoGamer.com brings us word of another new LEGO title, this one angled toward competing with the likes of Skylanders, where you can buy a LEGO model in order to unlock related parts of the game. Nothing else is known at this point, but it seems possible that this is related to the LEGO/Nexon partnership game we heard about a while ago.

Sources:

VideoGamer.com

• Like 3

I hope this doesn't come true... It seems to me like it would cheapen LEGO's image and categorize it with those dump skylanders toys you see on the clearance asile becuase nobody wants them...

But then again, maybe it's just me getting tired of LEGO's constant new (and failing) video games and them trying strange new things in order to get more sales. It's getting too complicated...

• Like 3

MaelstromIslander

I hope this doesn't come true... It seems to me like it would cheapen LEGO's image and categorize it with those dump skylanders toys you see on the clearance asile becuase nobody wants them...

But then again, maybe it's just me getting tired of LEGO's constant new (and failing) video games and them trying strange new things in order to get more sales. It's getting too complicated...

Skylanders was actually pretty good IMO. I mean the first game, the ones after that were losing quality pretty fast.

Fluffy Cupcake

I actually know someone who collects them... and I also hope this also doesn't come true. Making a game where you have to buy with real money to unlock things is such a disapointment, and evidentally just a money grab.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Deja vu.

But seriously, if LEGO and WB felt that Fusion was unable to survive on the same principles, how do they expect this to work? It's sorta like the situation between LEGO Universe, Chima Online, and LEGO Minifigures Online.

But seriously, if LEGO and WB felt that Fusion was unable to survive on the same principles, how do they expect this to work? It's sorta like the situation between LEGO Universe, Chima Online, and LEGO Minifigures Online.

I feel as though Fusion shouldn't be classified on the same level, as it wasn't really pitched to be collectible in the same way that a Skylanders-type thing would be. I don't know how they expected Fusion to work, with no reason to keep buying the stuff after the first purchase, so this is a better incentive to keep buying.

Darn it, Lego! What are you? Blind? Because your walking off a cliff of failure.

Plus, I wouldn't call this "Bring your LEGO to Life", more like "Bring LEGO sets you just purchased from your local store just to use in-game only to see it doesn't work properly, to Life"

If this was "Bring your LEGO to life", why can't we scan in Lego creations of our own? Not limit people to a couple of sets and an instruction booklet, that's doomed to fail thanks to no free will as to what you can scan in.

But seriously, Lego needs to someday make an app where you can scan in custom creations or custom minifigures or custom anything and the game would allow it! but for now, that's all a dream.

But seriously, Lego needs to someday make an app where you can scan in custom creations or custom minifigures or custom anything and the game would allow it! but for now, that's all a dream.

I mean, we don't know, this game could very well employ such technology. Life of George and Fusion both accommodated scanning in custom creations, though there was a restriction based on what the games were able to recognize and what those creations could be utilized as.

That would require LEGO to put a small electronic chip inside of every brick so that the computer scanning your model could use Bluetooth to figure out what brick it is and how it is aligned. This would be impossible, becuase LEGO bricks have been compatable since the 50's, before they invinted tiny computer chips.

MaelstromIslander

Doing a scan thingy is impossible. However, they could make sets and minifigure packs for this product, which i can predict happening.

I'm looking at your sources.... and I don't see where you're getting your info from. All it says it that it's "toy-to-life" and similar to Skylanders and Disney Infinity.... can somebody explain a) where you got that from and b) what's so bad about comparing a game to Skylanders and Disney Infinity?

I wonder if the App Bricks in the Ultra Agents sets are a test run for technology they are developing for this.

LEGO Dimensions is conspicuously close to being synonymous with LEGO Universe, so we may be looking at another multi-theme mish-mash game here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.