High Quality Renders of LEGO Games

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

....It's mainly been just the classic game's posted in here so far though..

One day someone decided to contact me asking for some IXS rips. I proceed to do a few. While doing a couple vehicles I decided to take a few mini-render pictures of the alternate colours, but in doing so, I got carried away and did much more. With that being said, enjoy all the renders I have done over the last week!

All renders (except the last which is larger) are 1920px X 1080px. As RRU scales the images down to fit in the post width, click on the image for larger version of it, or simply go to the DeviantArt page! (highly recommended!)

1. Motorbike Mayhem Airport
One of my first renders, the airport on Motorbike Mayhem. It's quite cool to see what the level looks like at a different angle I must say.

Spoiler

http://segatendo12.deviantart.com/art/Airport-518276999

http://orig02.deviantart.net/ea7b/f/2015/064/b/1/airport_by_segatendo12-d8kkh3b.jpg

2. Duckies!

Spoiler

http://segatendo12.deviantart.com/art/Duckies-518108923

http://orig10.deviantart.net/fe02/f/2015/063/9/7/duckies__by_segatendo12-d8kgvej.jpg

3. Pier Viewing
Beautiful day to hang by the pier eh? Oh wait... the ships are causing WAY too much of a racket to enjoy anything!

Spoiler

http://segatendo12.deviantart.com/art/Pier-Viewing-518277067

http://orig14.deviantart.net/db5c/f/2015/064/3/8/pier_viewing_by_segatendo12-d8kkh57.png

4. After a long day's work....

Spoiler

http://segatendo12.deviantart.com/art/After-A-Long-Day-s-Work-517650004

http://orig07.deviantart.net/4ce8/f/2015/063/f/5/after_a_long_day_s_work_by_segatendo12-d8k71as.png

...the studio is empty and everyone is taking a nice restful break.

5. Copter in the Warehouse
While making this picture I wanted to make an image within the warehouse, but I wasn't sure what to do. Sure I could of just done a render of one of the minigame's levels, or even my own custom one, but I wanted to be a bit more original than that, so here you have it, the copter being shown off in all its galore inside the warehouse!

Spoiler

http://segatendo12.deviantart.com/art/Copter-in-the-Warehouse-518466499

http://orig15.deviantart.net/73a1/f/2015/065/b/6/copter_in_the_warehouse_by_segatendo12-d8kojb7.png

6. Sunset on the Island
The sun is setting (FINALLY!?) on the Island. You'd almost think they never get nighttime here. :P

Anyway, this is my first test at doing a time of day aside from the full bright day time, and as well as being a first for adding a minifigure, with a bit of a pose on top of that (raised arm and slightly rotated head). The image didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but I'm satisfied enough with the results to stop messing with it and show it off.

Spoiler

http://segatendo12.deviantart.com/art/Sunset-on-the-Island-518466460

http://orig15.deviantart.net/b183/f/2015/065/7/5/sunset_on_the_island_by_segatendo12-d8koja4.png

7. Main Island Northwest Isometric

Press the "Download" button on the art's page for the full size of the isometric image, which is 7680px X 4320px
Warning! Make sure your computer won't explode from such a large image before opening. =P

Q. Tools? Programs? Etc?
A. 3D Ripper DX (for ripping), Windows 7 32-bit (for ripping), 3DS Max Student Edition (2010 for import and 2015 rendering).

Q. Will you be doing other classic LEGO games?
A. Maybe. I've already tested one other non-LEGO game with success. Just keep in can only do what I can rip after all, which to say is not all LEGO games, and even then the whole process takes a while. The large isometric image took 3 hours in rendering time alone.

Q. Will you do requests?
A. Maybe, but not highly likely.

Fluffy Cupcake

Uploaded two more images, an isometric of the Southeast side of the island (just as big as the Northwest render)

http://segatendo12.deviantart.com/art/Island-Xtreme-Stunts-Main-Island-Isometric-SE-519239560

And a top down view which you can get great detail from because the image is 10000x10000px  (although mind you the file is large and no image uploading site could support its file size, so you'll have to download it if you want more than a whimpy preview)

http://segatendo12.deviantart.com/art/IXS-Main-Island-Top-View-10000x10000px-Ultra-HD-519406922

Now all that's left for me to do is put the map in gmod.

600MB? 600-flippin'-MB?! Well, I downloaded it and checked it out. Dayum it's good. :D Although I did just open it up in GIMP, save it as a JPG with no compression, and it's turned out at less than 100MB without any loss in quality.

As for your other renders of scenes around the island, I really like them, especially the warehouse one. I know you've stated you might render other games, but will you be doing any more from IXS? I imagine comic strips, caption panels, etc. could be done from creating your own scenes if you so wished.

Fluffy Cupcake

Although I did just open it up in GIMP, save it as a JPG with no compression, and it's turned out at less than 100MB without any loss in quality.

As for your other renders of scenes around the island, I really like them, especially the warehouse one. I know you've stated you might render other games, but will you be doing any more from IXS? I imagine comic strips, caption panels, etc. could be done from creating your own scenes if you so wished.

Alright, I made the main file on DA a .jpg file, so now it will be easier for all to view. Perhaps I should aim for 25000x25000 now that it is only a 6th of the original size? =P

Also, I did the same with the original .png file. I opened it up and re-saved it, and the size got cut in half. I guess 3ds Max produces large file sizes for whatever reason. So this new version is now also up for grabs.

I'm not sure how much more I'll be doing, as I've pretty much done the majority of it for now, but comics does sound like a good idea. :D

As for other games, I haven't had as much as a sucsess with any of the other classic than this one (either the game doesn't rip, or the ripped scene is too much of a mess).

• 3 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Soccer Mania time! These are just tests, but they look okay enough to post.

Soccer Mania Render Test - Princess Storm Victory!

Spoiler

soccer_mania_render_test___princess_stor

Menu Space This one I didn't actually upload to DA like the rest.

Spoiler

SMSpace.png

If you'd like either of these for a desktop background I can render them in your screen resolution no problem.

And lastly, my avatar [at time of posting]* is from this game as well.

Spoiler

Pippin-Alpha.png

Oh goodness stop smiling at us like that Pippin!

• Like 3

Nice renders, I'll have to try game rendering out myself sometime.

I really like the the "Pier Viewing" render, the ambient occlusion really makes it great.

• 2 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

I don't have any comics ready, and I don't feel like going all out insane on making one, so have some renders this weekend instead!

Click Images To Enlarge*
King Leo & Princess Storm Discussing
King Leo Talks to his daughter Princess Storm about... [...the upcoming races in their realm.] [...the race that has just passed.]

Spoiler

d8pcdvu-4199db43-3095-41f2-ad7a-f82195a6

Veronica & Rocket Friendly Race Break
While on break during friendly race Rocket and Veronica decide to take a selfie.

Spoiler

d8pcdwr-44eb4290-922f-4c72-a8a5-2f275478

I got my hands on the LU models earlier today, so I decided to make a picture based off MaelstromIslander's username.
I don't exactly have the model in good working condition yet aside from the standstill pose. Hence why the standstill pose is used here.

Spoiler

Stromling-Island.png

Stomling.png

King Kahuka's Car On Display

Spoiler

KK.png

Rocket Racer's New Car On Display

Spoiler

LRRR2Car.png

Fluffy Cupcake

So I came across the unused edition of Pepper's House today....

I'm not sure what the deal is, the lighting was better before the island was put in the background, Sorry about this.

House3B.png

Alternate color version of shot above can be found here.

have some more sub-par screenshots of the place.

As a note: I didn't venture far out of the pepper house folder for textures so I got a bit creative on what it would look like, the only one I did was the yellow wall, I'll speak more on the walls in a bit.

large.House1.png.f028dcb9905f6fc8312237a

Ground floor:

large.House2BG.png.832455f0e8ef9141c3632

Alternate wall colour:

The alternate wall color came from the fact that it is the color of the walls when you look inside from the outside. As well, on the model itself UV maps didn't originally exist meaning something simpler had to have been there before the wallpaper existed, so I honestly wasn't really sure what to put there prior to mapping, so I chose one of the simplest solutions.

large.House2Y.png.1f4d770552be08805207d6

Bonus Pic (sorry I didn't get around to HDing it):

large.PepComputerRoom.png.20243df9607119

• Like 5

Huh, I didn't even know that there was an unused version of the interior. It looks really cool! Especially with the yellow walls - they kind of give it an IXS building look:

Spoiler

001.jpg001.jpg

Great stuff!

6 hours ago, Dazzgracefulmoon said:

woah pepper you're getting awful friendly with me

in your dreams... he's waiting for sky :P wow that escalated quickly

To be honest, this unused room design is more accurate to the shape of Pepper's house.

The current version looks like Pepper's bed is stored in his attic, which he probably has to access by climbing up the exterior of his house and in through the window, but then again there is no need for a bed since there is no night-time on the island.

...maybe the developers couldn't think of how to make Pepper climb ladders? Or felt it wasn't necessary since his house would be the only time you need to use a climbing ability?

...Or maybe  they never thought of Pepper defying gravity to get to the upper floor...

...so, many, questions...

I've managed to get LR2 Rocket Racer's car as a 3d model in LDD, I think I might unwrap the UV's and put the textures on both the character and the bricks. I'll post when it's done,

lol username
On 8/1/2016 at 1:41 PM, Xiron said:

All he wants is some nice company up in there. Won't you join him? :tf:

draw me like one of your french minifigures

11 minutes ago, Terrev said:

draw me like one of your french minifigures

I tried:

FsEbiPX.png

Also, I just noticed that his pockets are facing the wrong way in the render.

• 2 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Over the last day I went on a tutorial binge for SFM, and I made this out of it, I hope it isn't too bad as everything aside from setting up the two characters was new for me (yes I made the forest, but not by placing trees one by one):

(1920x1080px can be found at the download button here)

backlot_guys_taking_a_stroll_by_segatend

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

So Xiron has sort-of "suggested" that I could put some of my LEGO Renders here. So here are a few of them, all in not-4K quality;

...but before I show any new stuff, I'm going to quickly skim through the ones I have shown in the Gallery....

"Mining Alone"

This was a one off render I made a few weeks ago. I never revealed it since I wasn't sure where to put it, where lots of people would see it. But I'm really glad I did put it up on RRU's Gallery, as the response I got encouraged me to make and post more stuff like it.

Spoiler

large.miningalone1.jpeg.42cbcc65f1969886

"The Pit"

If you ask me, LEGO Rock Raider's title track 'Atmosdel' feels extremely atmospheric and, don't ask me why, the quick music extract near the end it makes me feel like the tune was stolen from some year-2000 alien blockbuster movie. It is just too dramatic and I love it for that.

So, inspired by this track, I imagined a Rock Raider stumbling upon a huge cave that went deep towards Planet U's core, like the one in the Waterfall cutscene of LRR. I wanted to make an animation out of it, but I settled on a quick little image.

I like to think this is one of the best renders I've made to date.

Spoiler

large.downintheplanetu1.jpeg.3ddd5dea750

(And now for a few things I haven't posted on the Gallery)

"welcometospace1"

I just felt in the mood to render something in space. I considered making a horrible looking version of this render and naming it "LEGOS IN SPESS 4 LEEEKD", but I thought better of it.

Spoiler

IsVeltz.jpg

"kindoffunny"

This was a series of images I planned to cobble together to make something like the "Driving, it ain't like skateboarding" picture I did a while back. Although I never completed it, so here are two random and stupid renders from that:

Spoiler

1QU9mMm.jpg

8gMauMf.jpg

"legoyatzee1"

A quick one off render, recreating Ben Crosshaw's likeliness as seen in his Zero Punctuation series.

Spoiler

VnPWPNx.jpg

"YOUWINWAFFLES11"

A silly little thing I threw together as a joke. It was used for this post.

Spoiler

mv5YlbT.jpg

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake

I attempted to adjust the topic title so it wasn't just 'classic' games exclusives, and I also added the word "content" in it to make it more clear that it isn't INGAME screenshots (scratched because it's not like you can "render" in these game internally anyway). After serveral readjustments I just hope the title is okay now. :S

Picture comments:

1. I like how in that Raider is like totally zoned out while mining. xP

2. A new cavern has been discovered! ...but by no means does it look safe!

3. Is that Rocket's new ride for LEGO Racers: Space Edition?

4. Oh my, I was NOT expecting that face! :af:

5. Much bright. ARG MY EYES.

6. :wffl::wffl:WafflesWafflesWafflesWaffles:wffl::wffl: - I should really replace that "eggo" with "Xiron's" sometime.

36 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Picture comments:

1. I like how in that Raider is like totally zoned out while mining. xP

3. Is that Rocket's new ride for LEGO Racers: Space Edition?

4. Oh my, I was NOT expecting that face! :af:

1. I wasn't sure what facial expression to add. So I just gave it a moderate "meh" face.

3. The minifig in the picture isn't supposed to be Rocket Racer. But I was too lazy to make a new astronaut torso texture, so I used the "new" (LR2) Rocket Racer model and replaced his face with a generic one.

4. It would've been weirder, although I didn't find a face that would fit the Brickster's "gee, that is interesting" line, which is why I gave up on it.

Fluffy Cupcake

1. I think it might of helped to had the head tilted down a bit if you wanted to have a less "spaced out" look. So looking at where he's drilling, not above.

3. Oh, I just though Rocket had huge eyes for whatever reason (lack of oxygen?). xP

And now it's mine turn for a new picture:

Skating Duo

Pepper and that one skater girl that's on Worlds hang out to show off their tricks.

(Inspired by LEGO's Nov-Dec club magazine poster)

DeviantArt Link

skating_duo_by_segatendo12-dap40q3.png

• Like 2

Also, I know Ringtail told me not to do any more meme-based things (whether referencing one or making one up from scratch), but I made this because...   ...well...

Spoiler

ckxfs9B.jpg

In all honesty though, as I soon as I saw this facial expression on Xiron's Rocket Racer model, I felt like I should take the opportunity to do something with it (even if its not impressive).

EDIT:

"Path-finding"

New render (that is slightly more serious)! Yet another piece of LRR content, based on a previous drawing of mine which was inspired by issue #2 of 'Insane Raiders' by Arthuriel.

Spoiler

large.catchthatcrystal1.jpeg.cb483bc7cf7

Gallery link: 

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.