N64 Emulation

Alcom Isst

It's been said that LEGO Racers for the N64 is actually legitimately challenging, unlike the PC version.

Well...

http://youtu.be/9VMiCliStdo

They weren't wrong.
I doubt it's supposed to run like this.

The game was emulated using Project64.

• Like 2

I doubt it's supposed to run like this.

I own the N64 version and I can confirm that it does not run like that.

Does it happen in other games too? Strange how the music is fine though...

If you're just looking for the extra challenge, run the PlayStation version on an emulator. That eliminates whatever game speed issue you've got and it's still much more difficult than the PC version.

That looks narly. The cars seem handle the same way as in the computer version, is that true?

If you're just looking for the extra challenge, run the PlayStation version on an emulator. That eliminates whatever game speed issue you've got and it's still much more difficult than the PC version.

How is the game more difficult?

As far as I can tell, the AI is just better. Maybe the cars are just set to move more quickly, maybe they follow smarter paths and use better strategies, whatever. It'd be kind of difficult to try and figure out exactly what is going on, so I haven't given it much of a try.

Turning is also much stiffer, which adds some challenge.

As far as I can tell, the AI is just better. Maybe the cars are just set to move more quickly, maybe they follow smarter paths and use better strategies, whatever.

You could try using the N64 or PS1's path files in the PC version...

Does the N64 version have the FSTFRWRD cheat? That would be interesting to see.

It does. I tried it. It just adds more speed. Other cheats such as FLYSKYHGH and TRUCKDRVR work too, but they all turn off after a while for whatever reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.