X41823T

Greetings fellow rock raiders!

I'm here to offer anyone who would be interested in joining my star citizen organization "QTC" (Quant corporation) initially a place on my mining platform which I'll grab this Friday.

Official exert on the mining platform:

the RSI Orion mining platform, RSI is letting individuals take over a process formerly controlled by mega-corporations. The Orion’s features include high-grade turret-mounted tractor beam arrays, durable exterior-accessible ‘saddlebags’ for mineral storage and a cabin designed by the team that brought you the Aurora and Constellation!

Should being a miner not be your thing in an ambitious game such as star citizen, In addition to the mining platform I have several other vessels that needs crew to fill in roles such as pilots, engineers, gunners, security, captains/officers, scientists/explorers, traders(?), an information runner/hacker and finally infantry for boarding operations/on-board security when not deployed in said operations.

Leave a reply here if you should be interested or have questions.

Note: My apologies if this is not the 'proper' forum to post this but I figured that since we're all fans of rock raiders here (at least that's what I assume) and rock raiders are all about mining/etc. then it 'probably' wouldn't be a bad place to ask people if they would be up for some interstellar mining in star citizen which will have mining mechanics unlike any other game ever.

Link for our organization page:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/QTC

My apologies for the late reply but I have been really busy for the last couple days.

Yes we do have an organization page setup I'll include the link in the initial post just for good order's sake.

NOTE: Changed my Avatar to our awesome organization logo we had made by a pro on Elance!

As someone who owns three joysticks, has a fairly devastating PC, and totes FreeSpace Open as the greatest thing to ever grace our blue planet, of what interest could Star Citizen possibly be for me?

As someone who owns three joysticks, has a fairly devastating PC, and totes FreeSpace Open as the greatest thing to ever grace our blue planet, of what interest could Star Citizen possibly be for me?

Greetings

Star Citizen is more or less going to be not only the biggest PC title to day (with it's vast amount of content & technologies not to forget mentioning scale) but also what I think will be the very first "first person universe" type of deal if that makes sense.

Now I could sit all day and write about Star Citizen but I figure it might be easier and more 'interesting' to see the actual thing so I'll list a few clips/links that you can watch just so you can more or less get the idea of how massive this title is going to be.

Constellation pre-flight check (shows off the crazy amount of animations that's gone into this ship, one ship out of dozens!)

Elite (the very first one) was probably the first first-person universe.  Yeah, nothing does as much as the Star Citizen devs promise, but it took a pretty darn good shot at a full on first person universe.

Hearing about Peter Molyneux and all the kickstarter failures all around ideas with waaay too high goals of what to make has made me kinda leery of stuff that makes massive promises and hasn't gotten at the very least the core backend finished.  I'll wait until they have a good amount to show for it/have enough that when I pay them, I'd be perfectly fine if they immediately quit/disappear into space/the bahamas/non-extradition nations.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I don't really know anything about you.  If I played this game with people, it'd probably be, at least at the very beginning, with people I know well.

Hearing about Peter Molyneux and all the kickstarter failures all around ideas with waaay too high goals of what to make has made me kinda leery of stuff that makes massive promises and hasn't gotten at the very least the core backend finished.  I'll wait until they have a good amount to show for it/have enough that when I pay them, I'd be perfectly fine if they immediately quit/disappear into space/the bahamas/non-extradition nations.

Keep in mind the creator of SC is the creator of the Wing Commander series which was highly successful. I don't think he would want to ruin his well established reputation. It's one of the most, if not, the most crowd funded game to date, securing funds to deliver their promises shouldn't be a problem. Since they have multiple studios working on separate modules of the game at the same time and have been showing demos of the work, I currently have no doubt on them being able to deliver on the majority of features promised.

Keep in mind the creator of SC is the creator of the Wing Commander series which was highly successful. I don't think he would want to ruin his well established reputation. It's one of the most, if not, the most crowd funded game to date, securing funds to deliver their promises shouldn't be a problem. Since they have multiple studios working on separate modules of the game at the same time and have been showing demos of the work, I currently have no doubt on them being able to deliver on the majority of features promised.

True, this guy does have a far better reputation and better experience.  They do have the money.  However, it's an extremely ambitious thing, and in the current state, there is not enough for me to be perfectly happy if for some reason (incl. the head dev dying, other catastrophe rendering development unable to continue) the devs weren't able to continue.  So, I'll watch and wait, and at such time there is enough content that I would not mind if the devs were abducted by aliens, illegal or extraterrestrial, I'll buy in.  The policy has stood me in good stead with Minecraft, Starbound, even Cubeworld (as much of a bomb that turned out to be).

True, this guy does have a far better reputation and better experience.  They do have the money.  However, it's an extremely ambitious thing, and in the current state, there is not enough for me to be perfectly happy if for some reason (incl. the head dev dying, other catastrophe rendering development unable to continue) the devs weren't able to continue.  So, I'll watch and wait, and at such time there is enough content that I would not mind if the devs were abducted by aliens, illegal or extraterrestrial, I'll buy in.  The policy has stood me in good stead with Minecraft, Starbound, even Cubeworld (as much of a bomb that turned out to be).

Thats fine. Though in comparison, I believe CIG has a larger dev team than those games did AFAIK. I heard they have over 100 employees and they have 4 studios, which is as big or bigger than other AAA studios. So unless they go bankrupt, I don't think there is a chance of an alien abduction.

Thats fine. Though in comparison, I believe CIG has a larger dev team than those games did AFAIK. I heard they have over 100 employees and they have 4 studios, which is as big or bigger than other AAA studios. So unless they go bankrupt, I don't think there is a chance of an alien abduction.

I'd love for it to be successful, but, well Daikatana had a big team with a famous, successful head with several highly successful games under it's belt.

Having the manpower does make it more likely for them to be able to get it done, though, if managed well.

It also looks like it could be really really cool. I want to head up a detachment of Space Marines Mushrooms.

Because we keep them in dark holds and feed them crap.

Chances that Star Citizen will be what is being promised are very high, the thing though is that not EVERY single thing will make it into the 1.0 commercial release late 2016 say planetside landscape generation or a system to  randomly generate more star systems, playable alien races, diplomacy system with aliens are the ones that comes to mind but I'm certain that if one cares to dig around the Star Citizen forum you'll eventually stumble upon a list with "promised" features for the 1.0 release.

On another note the current number of people working on Star Citizen is closer to 350-400 if you include the teams working outside of the main development team such as "Imaginarium" who more or less brings the in-game characters/aliens come to life.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14519-Inside-CIG-The-Imaginarium

Grabbed one already.

Can't wait to have a walk inside of it let alone see it in action which could be around Q3 this year since they plan to open up for the first chapter of the squadron 42 campaign at that time which will mainly take place around protecting the interstellar mining station "Shubin" that is if I recall the synopsis correctly.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.