LOCO Worldwide Server

LOCOfan

Hey all.

I'm new here, but not to LOCO. Played it all the time when I was younger, and recently I've gotten back into it. I love playing multiplayer with my brother back home (I'm in college). I use a VPN so that he can connect. I was wondering if anyone has a worldwide server running, that anyone could connect to.

At home, I am running a Minecraft server with a static IP, that my brother, friends, and all can connect to. I could run another VM that always has LOCO open, perhaps using only the upper left block of the layout. Then, with the static IP, anyone could connect. Theoretically.

So, has it been done? Is there a static IP hosting a layout that I could connect to now? Or am I over-thinking this?

I've had this idea plenty of times before, but AFAIK, no, no one has ever hosted a worldwide LOCO server like has been done with Minecraft and other games since the official IG servers were shutdown years ago. Now that I think about it, I wonder what it would require to run a server and the amount of bandwidth it require? I would think less than Minecraft, for sure. Then you have to deal with LOCO having a 9 online layer limit (3x3 layout) and routing players to a new, blank map. Hm.... :?:

Then you have to deal with LOCO having a 9 online layer limit (3x3 layout) and routing players to a new, blank map. Hm.... :?:

As if there'd ever be more than nine players at once... :P
  • Like 3

Haha okay. I figured as much. I think I will end up running a game on our server at home, where the server is the center block and just connects the opposite tunnels. Then up to 8 people could connect and play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.