Bionicle Ignition Zero?

Cyrem

I was sorting out stuff for sale and was seeing what the prices of Bionicle comics were and saw this one which doesn't seem to be on ebay...

Is there anything special about it or is it just average? Don't know much about Bionicles.

I had one of these. It was marking the debut of the 2006 Bionicle storyline with Toa Inika and Pirika, described as the "Worst Bionicle Villains Ever". It was this storyline that introduced the Mask of Life and the time-traveling maniac Vezon. This Issue Zero highlighted the work Stuart Sayger was bringing to the Bionicle art work. AFAIK, before this, there had been the same artist drawing the Bionicle comics.

I don't know it's rarity, as it was sent out with the LEGO magazines of that day as if it was an actual Bionicle comic, but considering it wasn't an actual comic, it might be a tad more rare because kids might have trashed it more quickly.

It's nice to see this special issue again after all these years. Could you possibly get some higher-res scans of it? :)

I remember that issue. It had a preview of Sayger's artwork in the middle. It helped because there were only five comics to tell the story that year, and what better way to fill a two-month gap than with a "comic" that has no story in it?

Phantom Terror

It's not really that rare, but it's cool to have. I have one, but the poster's pretty beat up unfortunately. Six-year-old me wasn't very mindful of how much sentimental value something could potentially have in the future.  :zzz:

ProfessorBrickkeeper

To whoever it was who asked about some hi-res scans (I believe it was le717), the BioMedia Project already has a (nearly, if you also count special editionsand variation covers) complete archive of all the Bionicle comics available for download for streaming. This issue in particular can be found by visiting http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/gfx/Comics/Ignition%20Voya%20Nui%20Saga/Ignition00/Ignition%2000.pdf (This should save Cyrem some work)

Six-year-old me wasn't very mindful of how much sentimental value something could potentially have in the future. :zzz:

*Looks at old heavily earmarked LEGO catalogs and pamphlets, letting the memories flood back*
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.