Jimbob

It's taken a bit of work, but I'm proud to present my latest project: JJ's LEGO City.

The sets have been accumulated over the past few of years, but the display was built over the last month for just £80, plus another £80 for the table it stands on (which has 8/16 shelves inside). I'm pretty pleased with that considering that display cases of this size cost far more than that to purchase from retailers.

For those interested, it was built with the outsides of an IKEA KALLAX unit and three separate sheets of polycarbonate, a very clear material that is far stronger than glass. The front sheet has been removed, but is easily held in place with four small brackets attached to the KALLAX frame with small VELCRO stick-on coins. The whole thing stands on four more KALLAX units which I was going to get drawer and door inserts for, but they failed so miserably when trying to assemble them that I've returned them all in disgust (and I'm usually quite the IKEA customer).

Without further ado, here are the rest of the photos of this display. For 6000x4000px versions of these images, see the links at the end of this post.

Ultra-High-Res

Overview

I should point out that there are nine 6000x4000px images linked here, which is around 130MB of data, so if you pay for your internet you may wish to avoid them.

Care to resize them a little? l405G.jpg

It's not the fact that they're big, it's the fact that THEY'RE TAKING AGES. l405G.jpg Ten minutes later and three of them have loaded. l405G.jpg

EDIT: What? Why's it giving errors? "The image blahblahblah cannot be displayed because it contains errors."

Certainly, I've embedded 1920x1280px versions (they're about 500KB each), and kept the 6000x4000px versions linked at the end.

I'm not sure why you're getting that error though?

This looks awesome. :D I think its time to play some iSpy around the city. :P

That's actually a pretty cool idea, when I was little I had a whole collection of I Spy books!

Okay, I spy (in order of difficulty):

• Johnny Thunder
  • Jango Fett My mistake, it's a Mandalorian
  • Han Solo (exclusive medal version)

I will be amazed if anyone spots Han Solo.

Johnny Thunder is in the right half of the 9th picture in the spoilers...

Jango Fett is (I think) in the 4th picture in the spoilers. He is seated in the Hair dressers...

...I would look for Han Solo, medal edition, but my iPad gets murdered as soon as I open one high resolution image, but could I at least get something of sorts for at least finding as much as I could find on an iPad and with non-Ultra high resolution images?

Johnny Thunder is in the right half of the 9th picture in the spoilers...

Jango Fett is (I think) in the 4th picture in the spoilers. He is seated in the Hair dressers...

...I would look for Han Solo, medal edition, but my iPad gets murdered as soon as I open one high resolution image, but could I at least get something of sorts for at least finding as much as I could find on an iPad and with non-Ultra high resolution images?

Sorry, I just realised I hadn't replied to you yet!

You got Johnny Thunder right, but Jango Fett isn't in the barbers. He's a bit more visible than that.

Yeah, I don't blame you for not looking for Han. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.