Crazy Parks

Starrocks923

I wish I had screenshots, but when I was a kid, I thought it would be neat to create a living hell out of LEGOLAND that would ensnare unsuspecting visitors and prevent them from leaving. 

It started with that Boating School, and lots of water. I got plenty of visitors to get on those boats. Once I had two boats on a narrow patch of water squares...

I erased everything around that area, effectively trapping them in the boats forever.

But that was just the start. I then built a fountain nearby and an ice cream vendor, allowing visitors to watch the scenic display of a group of idiots who couldn't get out of their boats. I put plants and lots of concrete around. Then I created a Driving School, and surrounded the area with roads. I created a massive labyrinth of roads that always had one or two squares in the center for the purpose of trapping MORE visitors. I deleted the crosswalks to trap them, even adding rides to keep them from getting bored so fast. I don't know why, but I felt like a genius who just loved to watch those poor Minifigures suffer in LEGOLAND.

Combined with my love of shooting Rock Raiders with those mining turret lasers and surrounding my LOCO town with volcanoes and placing the little bunnies in the middle of the road, I think my childhood is messed up. :af:

Has anyone else tried anything similar?

I once spent hours rendering the perfect LEGOLAND park in loving detail. There were a wide variety of attractions, plenty of food, and all of it well spaced out and easy to access.

Everyone hated it and left the park without doing anything. Eventually they stopped coming altogether.

• Like 1

I don't recall doing anything so dastardly in LOCO, but I do remember not putting gates in my fences in Zoo Tycoon 2, placing a zoo keeper in the fenced area with the animals (even tigers), and putting a park bench in the area for the keeper. I kept having issues with then walking out to sit on a bench and never getting their lazy bones up to their work, and for a while that was my most effective way to force then to do their jobs.

I also saw this on Twitter not too long ago.

BGedt_1CYAAMfP3.png

Apparently I don't play Rollercoaster Tycoon the correct way.

— Karl Smallwood (@KarlSmallwood)

Thanks to Le717 I installed LEGOLAND on my Windows 8. I will take pictures of the rebuilt purgatory when I build it, which should be around next week.

Thanks to Le7els I installed LEGOLAND on my Windows 8.

Who is this Le7els guy you refer to? There is no RRU member by that name. There is an LMB user with that name and is probably active under that name elsewhere, but he joined the LMBs (and thus possible received his name there) in 2011.

I, on the other hand, am le717, a name I use in all my online activities. I too received my name on the LMBs, but I received it in 2005. I have in one incident been confused with this Le7els guy, but I have never met him and am certainly not him.

This has been your light-hearted Correctly Identify a Person guide for today, brought to you by le717. ;P

Thanks to Le7els I installed LEGOLAND on my Windows 8.

Who is this Le7els guy you refer to? There is no RRU member by that name. There is an LMB user with that name and is probably active under that name elsewhere, but he joined the LMBs (and thus possible received his name there) in 2011.

I, on the other hand, am le717, a name I use in all my online activities. I too received my name on the LMBs, but I received it in 2005. I have in one incident been confused with this Le7els guy, but I have never met him and am certainly not him.

This has been your Correctly Identify a Person guide for today, brought to you by le717. ;P

Fixed. 

I don't recall doing anything so dastardly in LOCO, but I do remember not putting gates in my fences in Zoo Tycoon 2, placing a zoo keeper in the fenced area with the animals (even tigers), and putting a park bench in the area for the keeper. I kept having issues with then walking out to sit on a bench and never getting their lazy bones up to their work, and for a while that was my most effective way to force then to do their jobs.

I also saw this on Twitter not too long ago.

BGedt_1CYAAMfP3.png

Apparently I don't play Rollercoaster Tycoon the correct way.

— Karl Smallwood (@KarlSmallwood)

That sounds like something Gengis Khan would do. The Mongols liked catapulting bodies. If we ever need a successor to the Khanate, we've found our guy.

• Like 1

Well, I did spend a lot of time on LR (especially on Versus mode) getting rockets and quietly waiting for the next person to overtake me.... l405G.jpg And when you actually mod the LRR lasers to do stuff, it's always fun to spam the E debug key and zap 'em all.

I don't have LEGOLand, so I haven't done anything... exotic.... yet. But thanks for the ideas! l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.