Black Screen on Startup

theheadhunter444

theheadhunter444

It's My first time running Stunt Rally on this computer. It's installed but when I start up the game there's nothing but a black screen. The sound for the Lego logo plays but after that there's nothing. According to task manager the game stops responding about halfway through the sound playing. Any suggestions? I am running this on Windows 7 64 bit.

By the way yes this is the same issue I had with Rock Raiders (in fact I copied some of the text) but the fix for this game is different because the two games are different. I'm also having this issue with Alpha Team

This isn't helpful, but if there is a solution for one, it could be the solution for all three games.

I've just noticed that no-one has asked for full specs of the computer it's running on.

It might be something driver related...

It's My first time running Stunt Rally on this computer. It's installed but when I start up the game there's nothing but a black screen. The sound for the Lego logo plays but after that there's nothing. According to task manager the game stops responding about halfway through the sound playing. Any suggestions? I am running this on Windows 7 64 bit.

By the way yes this is the same issue I had with Rock Raiders (in fact I copied some of the text) but the fix for this game is different because the two games are different. I'm also having this issue with Alpha Team

Try disabling the videos (again l405G.jpg): tutorial is

theheadhunter444

Try disabling the videos (again l405G.jpg): tutorial is here.

I tried that. I get a different error.

Runtime error

Program: C:program files(x86)LEGO MediaLEGO Stunt Rally_msr.exe

Abnormal Program Termination

Runtime error

Program: C:program files(x86)LEGO MediaLEGO Stunt Rally_msr.exe

Abnormal Program Termination

:o

That is not supposed to happen...

What graphics card do you have? Run "dxdiag" (without quotes), go to Display, and on the top left there's "Device" and beneath that "Name." What follows after "Name?"

Also, I can't remember if SR and/or other games do this, but often they ask to install DirectX or something: I presume you let it do so? (unless of course it didn't ask)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.