Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hajen89

Okay, I just found out you can make the bats in the game harmless through the CanScare FALSE thing in the WAD file. HOWEVER, as soon as I did it and opened the game it crashed instantly. Even if I changed it back, the game still crashes. My only option now unless someone knows how to fix it is to uninstall the game and reinstall it and lose all my data, and having those goddamn bats scare my rock raiders. Does anyone know how to make the bats unable to scare my raiders and still run the game like it should?  

Okay, I just found out you can make the bats in the game harmless through the CanScare FALSE thing in the WAD file. HOWEVER, as soon as I did it and opened the game it crashed instantly. Even if I changed it back, the game still crashes.

You stuffed something up in the .cfg.

1) You did recompile, correct?

2) Was ALL you did this:

Change

Bat {
... blahblahblah
CanScare     TRUE
...blahblahblah
}

to

Bat {
... blahblahblah
CanScare     FALSE
...blahblahblah
}

?

It's possible you removed the spaces or something.

But yes, all you did was screw something up in the .cfg. It doesn't like random semicolons, and you shouldn't remove any that are there unless you know what you're doing.

Also, I presume by "crashing instantly" you mean the game starts to load, and when it's about 3/4 done loading it crashes?

If it really does crash on absolute startup, yes, re-install your game.

Give us your CFG file so we can see what's wrong. You don't need to reinstall your game. It's a single file and we can give you a vanilla one if you really need it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.