Windows 8.1 64bit

Tooandorisu

Unable to launch LRR on my Win8.1 64bit. I got error that said I dont have D3DRM.DLL on my computer. I did however found this dll file in the system32 map. So I tried reinstall, the cd wont even run. Any ideas on what to do?

Place the DLL in the same directory the game is in. It shouldn't make a difference, but it shouldn't be requesting that DLL if you've already got it there, so give it a go anyway.

Place the DLL in the same directory the game is in. It shouldn't make a difference, but it shouldn't be requesting that DLL if you've already got it there, so give it a go anyway.

This worked. However, now I can come in, but when I choose a senario, it just closes the game. No error, nothing, just closes the game. I wanted to try window mode, but I just get "No supported 32bit modes found", so can't get into the game that way

This worked. However, now I can come in, but when I choose a senario, it just closes the game. No error, nothing, just closes the game. I wanted to try window mode, but I just get "No supported 32bit modes found", so can't get into the game that way

Hmm, you could try a different DLL version. There are two floating about, a v4 and a v5(if your right-click > properties > details you should see your dll version). For windowed mode, you need to set your display resolution to 16bit colour depth for that to work.

hello folks

got a problem with game

Do you have your graphics card drivers installed?

Hmm, you could try a different DLL version. There are two floating about, a v4 and a v5(if your right-click > properties > details you should see your dll version). For windowed mode, you need to set your display resolution to 16bit colour depth for that to work

Downloaded version 5. Didnt work. Was on version 4

Here;

Click Start

All Programs

Games

Lego RR                                                   (Don't open Lego Rock Raiders Standard or Enhanced, just open "Lego RR")

A "Mode Selection" window should pop-up

Change the Device Selection to something other than "Direct3D HAL"

Click "Ok"

The game should work, but if it doesn't or that there are no other Device selections other than Direct3D HAL then I blame Windows 8.

This probably won't help you, Tooandorisu, but this should help benchik's problem.

Here;

Click Start

All Programs

Games

Lego RR                                                   (Don't open Lego Rock Raiders Standard or Enhanced, just open "Lego RR")

Click "Ok"

The game should work, but if it doesn't or that there are no other Device selections other than Direct3D HAL then I blame Windows 8.

This probably won't help you, Tooandorisu, but this should help benchik's problem.

That doesn't work for me, since I can't get into the game at all in DIrect3D HAL.

Hmm, you could try a different DLL version. There are two floating about, a v4 and a v5(if your right-click > properties > details you should see your dll version). For windowed mode, you need to set your display resolution to 16bit colour depth for that to work.

hello folks

got a problem with game

Do you have your graphics card drivers installed?

Here;

Click Start

All Programs

Games

Click "Ok"

yes, i got them.

Ben24x7, I tried this stuff and look what i've got

I've tried many things now, and I come as far as choosing senarios, but after the loading, it just crashes with no errors

I've tried many things now, and I come as far as choosing senarios, but after the loading, it just crashes with no errors

Well, do you know what you did to get it to at least start? Because it might be possible to somehow keep applying it to make the missions work, I don't know...

Well, do you know what you did to get it to at least start? Because it might be possible to somehow keep applying it to make the missions work, I don't know...

I downloaded the D3DRM.DLL and placed it where I have LRR installed. I also have it in the system32 folder

I downloaded the D3DRM.DLL and placed it where I have LRR installed. I also have it in the system32 folder

Wait a minute? Crashing after loading with no errors?

Your AVIs are screwed.

*hastily copies over from other topic*

Grab the Wad Recycler, open LegoRR1.wad, open the .cfg with text editor of your choice (Notepad WILL suffice for now) and find "DontPlayAVIs" at around line 100. Set that to TRUE. Save the cfg and recompile LegoRR1.wad (don't forget that last bit).

Of course, if your game runs discless, then just remove the disk. l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.