Making RR work for Win 7

rannums

Hi!

Yesterday i found a copy of Rock raiders hidden away in the cellar, Today i tried installing(Knowing that it woulndt work with win 7)

The installation went along fine, Although when i try to launch the game i get a error message " The program cant start because d3drm.dll is missing from your computer"

I tried to run it in compatible mode with other OS¨s

I also tried download Windows virtual PC and the XP mode for that, Didnt work either

PC:

Intel I5 core

Nivida graphics card

Windows 7 ultimate

If you have any idea on how to solve this problem, please comment, Thank you :)

There's a pinned post in this very subforum...

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Yeah, Sorry about that :P

I made the game start.

But when i launch it in fullscren the games flashes weird and is pretty much unplayable without getting a headache,

When i launch it in windowed mode it doesnt blink, though when i start a mission the games crashes and i dont get any error report

• 2 weeks later...

There's a pinned post in this very subforum...

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Yeah, Sorry about that :P

I made the game start.

But when i launch it in fullscren the games flashes weird and is pretty much unplayable without getting a headache,

When i launch it in windowed mode it doesnt blink, though when i start a mission the games crashes and i dont get any error report

You're not using RGB Emulation, are you? That never works, and I mean never. Use Direct3DHAL instead.

Anyway, this sounds like once again the videos are being silly in windowed.

*Ctrl+V* l405G.jpg

Grab the Wad Recycler, open LegoRR1.wad, open the .cfg with text editor of your choice (Notepad WILL suffice for now) and find "DontPlayAVIs" at around line 100. Set that to TRUE. Save the cfg and recompile LegoRR1.wad (don't forget that last bit).

Oh, and when you run LRR make sure you run it in windowed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.