Drome Racers in-game-only models in LDD

Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

Eh, if I were you I'd just pick one and do it. :P

All right, if you insist. I pick the Hornet in Metallic Green. (This is not one of the official color variants I posted before. The connector at the front of the car and the connector near the top of the steering mechanism aren't available in Metallic Green, but the fairings are, and I really like that color.)

Here is the model I plan to build in real life, with some modifications at the rear for added stability and improved appearance.

Click the image for a larger picture, or click here to download the LXF file.

hornet_with_lights_mgreen.jpg

Anyone else can volunteer to build and photograph other models/colors if they want.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Hornet! I´m still waiting for some parts for the Torq Racer. Especially the RoboRaiders heads and the outer cable are hard to find, but maybe I can borrow them from other sets to post some pictures.

Toa_Of_Justice

Love the Hornet! I´m still waiting for some parts for the Torq Racer. Especially the RoboRaiders heads and the outer cable are hard to find, but maybe I can borrow them from other sets to post some pictures.

In my digital verson of the Torq Racer, I used the outer cables only because the 19L soft axles (part #32235) I wanted to use weren't flexible in LDD. If you have 19L soft axles, feel free to use them instead of the outer cables.

Today I finally finished the Torq Racer. Here`s what it looks like:

I decided to use red parts, making it look just like Katu`s  car in the game.

Team R.E.D.

Building this car was like a childhood dream coming true...

@Toa_Of_Justice: I think I`ll stick to the outer cables, as the soft axles won`t allow you to mount the headlights.

Things to be done: replacing the borrowed parts, getting connectors in the right colour and finding a way to keep the red RoboRaider head in its place :)

• Like 2

Toa_Of_Justice

Great job, dromestars! :rracer: I'm glad you were able to find the outer cables. Did those clear 1x1 round plates with holes come from BrickLink, or did you just drill holes in ordinary clear 1x1 round plates? Also, where did that large round gray/silver thing come from? It works very well as a display base!

To keep the RoboRiders head in place, may I suggest a rubber band, perhaps looped around the red axle and the black part under it in this screenshot?

z_axle.png

Rubberband should work just fine :)

Yes, the transparent 1x1 plates were drilled, I just couldn`t find the original parts anywhere.

The display was part of a Hot Wheels Shogun Racers car set. This series appeared in 2000. The cars had a wind-up function which could turn them into a snowmobile, a jet or a boat. Just google it :) 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.