Unofficial LEGO Racers 2 Competition

emily

Well I've got two weeks left in my Christmas vacation and I need something to do. Something fun. So I asked myself, "what are fun things?" and immediately to my mind leaped the RRU Racers tournament of a while ago.

So let's have a LEGO racing tournament!

Since we've already had a fair bit of fun with LEGO Racers, this time around we'll give LEGO Racers 2 a spin. Anyone reading this can enter, so long as they have a copy of the game to enter with!

HOW TO PLAY:

There are six rounds. In 24 hours I will post in this topic announcing the beginning of the first round, including the answer to the crucial question "what track is the first round on?" You will then have the next 24 hours to race around the specified course IN TIME ATTACK MODE to your heart's content. Upload a video of your best time to submit.

"But Pereki!" you say. "How can I record my race?"

If you don't have recording software on your computer already, I recommend Open Broadcaster Software. It's free, fairly straightforward and records LEGO Racers 2 like a charm. If you need to cut parts out of the video you make, try the free trial version of VideoPad if you don't already have video editing software.

Once you've got your race recording ready, upload it to YouTube as UNLISTED and PM me the link. If you'd rather upload the video to an alternative host, that's fine too, just make sure it can't be found by any of your fellow competitors. They're all lying cheaters!

Once the 24 hours of the round are up, the times of all of the competitors will be announced, and you can make public your recording at your leisure. To change things up from the official RRU Racers competition, we're going Mario Kart style (see how much i know about racing) as opposed to elimination style - you get to compete in all of the rounds, and are awarded points each round according to your placing amongst the other competitors. THE COMPETITOR WITH THE MOST POINTS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE COMPETITION IS THE WINNER. 24 hours after the end of a round, the next round will commence. COMPETITORS THAT DO NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY FOR A ROUND ARE NOT ELIMINATED, BUT ARE AWARDED ONLY 10 POINTS (equal to a last place ranking).

HOW TO JOIN:

Post in this topic saying you want to join! NO LATE ENTRIES, YOU MUST JOIN WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS, OR BY 12:00 PM PDT TOMORROW.

WHAT DO I WIN WHEN I BEAT EVERYBODY?

The undying love and gratitude of me, Pereki. gallery_3221_470_5381.png

Rules can be clarified upon request. I'm not some hack who's going to refuse to unambiguate something for no apparent reason. Good luck and have fun!

They're all lying cheaters!

I resent that! I am an honest, upright racer!

This contest would be a great break from my mounds of work, but I have so much work that I doubt I have time to race so aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Unfortunately I can't join in this round, but if it's successful I'll be able to race in the next one when my new PC arrives.

Go for it, all ye racers of RRU!

I'll happily join in, though since I can't be bothered getting a YouTube account can I just upload the video to a site and let you download it?

Also, I presume we'll be setting Quality to 0 or something so we only have about three AIs?

Fluffy Cupcake

Sign me up!

Also, I presume we'll be setting Quality to 0 or something so we only have about three AIs?

You obviously weren't listening, or have never done Time Attack mode in LR2 before.

Question, so is it best lap (since that is how LR2 works in TA mode), or will you set a designated amount of laps we have to do simultaneously?

Also, don't forget to use le717's LR2 track randomizer! (Where it resides on this site I have no idea, I can't locate it.)

I'll happily join in, though since I can't be bothered getting a YouTube account can I just upload the video to a site and let you download it?

Yep, uploading the video that way is totally fine. As Xiron alluded to, Time Attack mode (which we're using for the tournament) doesn't have any AIs in it.

Question, so is it best lap (since that is how LR2 works in TA mode), or will you set a designated amount of laps we have to do simultaneously?

Best lap, yep.

Fluffy Cupcake

Best lap, yep.

I was kind of hoping for the later, as it takes more effort to do a chain of good laps, then it does to make a great single lap, which, as far as I'm concerned, could of just happened by luck.

As of this post, you may begin racing for ROUND 1. The course you will be racing on is DIG-A-BRICK. Please record your best lap and submit the video to me before this time tomorrow!

Your competitors are:

aidenpons

CaptainGolem

le717

Quistaros Pugnat

RobExplorien

someswedish

Xiron

Good luck to all!

Car question: what kind of car are we supposed to use? I do not know if certain cars go faster than others, and obviously we cannot use modding to make the cars go faster, but can we use custom cars, pre-built cars, one of the two? What about some quick modding to solely unlock Rocket Racer's car, would that be allowed?

Car question: what kind of car are we supposed to use? I do not know if certain cars go faster than others, and obviously we cannot use modding to make the cars go faster, but can we use custom cars, pre-built cars, one of the two? What about some quick modding to solely unlock Rocket Racer's car, would that be allowed?

You can use whatever car model, custom or no, you wish. Design shouldn't have an effect on speed or anything. Modding's okay so long as you aren't altering the track or the specs of your vehicle (or anything fundamental to how the game works, e.g. the strength of the pull of gravity) - we're just gonna go on the honors system there, I trust you guys.

• Like 4

Fluffy Cupcake

and obviously we cannot use modding to make the cars go faster

I can use Cheat Engine to make it go faster :smug:. Not that I will.

Fact I've learned from Cheat Engine: Vehicles in Time Attack are faster than arcade and 0 power on adventure.

Hey by the way, if The Berg's Royal Rumble should be picked, can we use my unreleased patch that fixes the shortcut at the start of the track?

Hey by the way, if The Berg's Royal Rumble should be picked, can we use my unreleased patch that fixes the shortcut at the start of the track?

I'm okay with it in principle, but for the sake of making the contest as accessible as possible I'd like to avoid requiring the installation of mods for participants. So thanks, but not this time.

That said, I won't say for certain whether Berg's Royal Rumble is coming in the competition up at all.

That said, I won't say for certain whether Berg's Royal Rumble is coming in the competition up at all.

Or in other words, he only clicks the button on my randomizer a minute before he announces the next round. :P

Okay, I'm going to have to drop out for two reasons:

One, my holiday will mean I won't be able to participate in any round but the first two, and

Two, my LR2 copy is being fussy and requiring the disk to run even though I've done the no-cd trick (selecting a level works fine, it loads, but then the screen goes black and it starts Not Responding).... and I left the disk at our holiday home (which is only an hours' drive away, but we're not going there any time soon).

EDIT: Works fine on my laptop.

So yeah... I'm out. :cry:l405G.jpg

Fluffy Cupcake

I am nowhere near satisfied with my time, but LR2 physics is being a major prick (About to get a new best time? LR2 is like: Nope, screw you. PHYSICS ATTACK!) and I've wasted enough time on it already and I need sleep now. I'd post my time here but it is too early and other would have the advantage. Unlike the LR competition, now I've only had a very limited time to work with for getting my best time, so don't have high expectations from me.

I don't have time to do this round anymore because now it is bed, followed almost immediately by school, in which, the round ends during the smack middle of my school day. :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.