Cyrem

minerboy6666

How do you import maps to the game?

Firstly, please don't double post.

Secondly, it's explained >IN THIS TOPIC. Please, in future, search the forums before asking.

Oh Sorry, But Here Is One Question. How do you open a .CFG File? Yeah And ive been searching the forums for this question and i found nothing.

Oh Sorry, But Here Is One Question. How do you open a .CFG File? Yeah And ive been searching the forums for this question and i found nothing.

That's okay.

You can use any text editor. So, Notepad, Notepad++, WordPad etc. Try to stay away from something like Word. You want to make sure the file gets saved as a .cfg, so remember to go to "Save As..." in the File Menu and type in the whole filename with extension (in this case ".cfg".

• 4 weeks later...
RockRaiderWolf

That's okay.

You can use any text editor. So, Notepad, Notepad++, WordPad etc. Try to stay away from something like Word. You want to make sure the file gets saved as a .cfg, so remember to go to "Save As..." in the File Menu and type in the whole filename with extension (in this case ".cfg".

I read somewhere on the site where someone suggested the program they thought worked best and I have to agree it seems to work best for me as well. the program is PSPad. The download site is HERE. I've also tried Editra but I still prefer PSPad, at least for this purpose.

• 8 months later...

Guess what. I updated it to 0.9.9

Yeah, I was fiddling with some maps today and the buttons disappearing bug was annoying me so much I fixed it and another bug.

There's also a crystal count button in there somewhere for you.

Boom.

:happeh:

Quick question: Does this count crystals in the Cror.map as well as Crystal Seams, or only the Cror.map?

I'm updating this. Now. l405G.jpg

Quick question: Does this count crystals in the Cror.map as well as Crystal Seams, or only the Cror.map?

It should count everything except objects.

It should count everything except objects.

:cry: Noooo.... l405G.jpg

Still, that's easy to do in the .ol, especially with Notepad++: "Count "POWERCRYSTAL"" l405G.jpg

Thanks again! You really pulled my brick out of the fire!

:cry: Noooo.... :P

Still, that's easy to do in the .ol, especially with Notepad++: "Count "POWERCRYSTAL"" :P

Keep ya crystals in ya walls and there ain't b any problemz.

Can you make stretchable boundaries for the window... if that makes any sense? It's currently got  a fixed resolution that it runs at, and it could be nice to be able to change that to fullscreen or some other resolution.

Also, is Map Creator 1.0 going to come out anytime soon? What you have at the moment practically is a fully functional Map Creator, and I'm perfectly fine with the NERPs Scripter being a separate program.

Update to 0.9.10!

All I did was start doing some optimizations, and I added a settings file with the window width, height and fullscreen options. You should set the w/h size to your display size if you're using fullscreen or else there is a problem with where the menus appear.

Anyway more or less a quicky update.

• 10 months later...

can anyone help me? i want to make an "endless" mode so i have to change the objective, i know how to make a stand alone level (read it in the forums) and i know how to use this program but how do you make a custom objective???

(btw is there a way to make an infinite map?)

(btw is there a way to make an infinite map?)

Unfortunately not; the LegoRR engine (G.O.D.S.) doesn't have any capability for terrain generation.

Note: I've already responded to your other question in a PM.

• 3 months later...

Neat tool.

I skimmed the 16 pages. Is there any documentation that details what an .mcm file's columns mean?

I get that it's a compaction of the different files that detail a map, and sure I can tweak values and see what changes, but a brief explanation would be nice to save me some time. 

11 hours ago, elrunethe2nd said:

Is there any documentation that details what an .mcm file's columns mean?

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. What file columns are you talking about? Maybe take a picture.

Just now, McJobless said:

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. What file columns are you talking about? Maybe take a picture.

The .mcm file's contents; when you save a map with this tool.

e.g:

MAP|test|22|28|none|CustomLevel
OBJECTIVE|This is your objective.|You failed your mission.|Mission complete!|You did not collect enough Energy Crystals! Mission failure.
BLOCK|1|0|0|4|0|0|0|0|0|0
BLOCK|2|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0
BLOCK|3|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0
BLOCK|4|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0

First four blocks are Dirt, Loose Rock, Hard Rock and Solid Rock for example, respectively, and index 4 is height, this I know already. 

• 9 months later...

Not sure if this has been reported before, but a heads up: Your heading (rotation) is wrong. It goes CCW, not CW (or the other way around -- whichever.)

See:

Spoiler

lF54QLG.png

Furthermore: Will you release the source code for this tool?

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

I found something that needs to be added:  If you place multiple raiders onto one square, like in Rock Hard, or Split Down the Middle, and export the object list from this map creator, the raiders will get dumped into the middle of the square.  Some feature that allows you to adjust the locations of each object within a square would be nice instead of having to copy/paste the original positions from the old object lists or manually relocating them.  

Edited by Slimy Slug
wording adjustment
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

Is the maximum tutorial block 20 just an arbitrary limit you've put in, or does LRR just not support more than 20 tutorial blocks?

I'm screwing around with fancy NERPS scripts (mostly involving monster spam, it must be said) and I'm running annoyingly close to the 20 block tutorial limit - although I run into the limit of eight registers a good deal quicker (but there is a painful way around that).

As I must have said somewhere before, the tool is fantastic :D

On 8/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, aidenpons said:

Is the maximum tutorial block 20 just an arbitrary limit you've put in

I just checked, yep it is. I've never tested any more than 3 or 4... so I thought 20 was way more than enough, guess not :P

How many you need?

On 8/26/2018 at 12:20 PM, Cyrem said:

I just checked, yep it is. I've never tested any more than 3 or 4... so I thought 20 was way more than enough, guess not :P

How many you need?

OVER NINE THOUSAND- wait if LRR only uses two hexadecimal digits to count these I've a maximum of 255. I'm pretty sure I don't need that much OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.e4013114c97501de1099aa06ca5e6529.png

30 should do nicely, but I suspect I could run up to 40 if I start implementing drastic ideas - although I don't like to make gargantuan maps for the sake of LRR as much as the person playing it, and there's only so much you can squeeze in a single map. If it's just a simple number to change, I could boot up my trusty hex editor and edit it myself, which has the added bonus of meaning that anyone else who accidentally holds down SHIFT + left mouse button will not instantly count all the way up to 40 and have to right-click it all the way back down again....

----------------------------------------------------

Minor bug: if you have put two Custom Objects on the same tile, and right-click to delete them, the map creator behaves funnily - when you click Delete on the first another dialog box for the second will pop up where the previous Delete button is.

I have also consistently encountered problems with Path.map.... instead of placing power paths it just creates a massive gaping glitchy chasm in the ground.  :S There must be a picture somewhere on RRU - if you have an installation of Time Raiders handy, just debug-key your way to the hidden cavern and pay attention to that gaping dent in the ground.

I suspect this is the game's fault, not the map creator's fault. If you look at Frozen Frenzy's original files you'll notice that a) there are no power paths by the Tunnel Transport but also b) in the Landslide Havens around the map there's rubble specified to already start there, yet it doesn't show up. So my theory is that hidden cavern + Path.map = BOOOOM

Also I have some feature requests, in order of how useful they'd be:

- Select an area to fill, copy, or paste

- Option to disable dialog boxes like "Landslide markers can only be placed on walls!  / Crystals can only be placed in walls!"

- integrating Alcom's Map Expander or suchlike to say "whoops, gimme an extra square of solid rock around the border"

- When placing down custom objects such as POWERCRYSTAL, the ability to say "randomise position" so they don't all stack on one another

- Ability to place landslide markers in walls

I have the same feature requests, in order of how simple they would be to implement:

- Ability to place landslide markers in walls

- Option to disable dialog boxes like "Landslide markers can only be placed on walls!  / Crystals can only be placed in walls!"

- When placing down custom objects such as POWERCRYSTAL , the ability to say "randomise position" so they don't all stack on one another

- integrating Alcom's Map Expander or suchlike to say "whoops, gimme an extra square of solid rock around the border"

- Select an area to fill, copy, or paste

I don't expect you to add any of them OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.e4013114c97501de1099aa06ca5e6529.png

Thanks for all the requests @aidenpons (kinda? haha :P )

The 0.9.x versions may not see any more updates, this is because I've started the next version of the program. Visually, it's much the same as this other than changing the UI which is kinda is what held back the old version. Some core changes which will make things like resizing maps, selection etc... easier to do. Not much to see yet: https://prnt.sc/kno7z3

Don't wait though if you're thinking of making any more maps, can't say when a first release will be out.

• Cyrem changed the title to Map Creator (0.9.11)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.