LEGOIMGS.IDB (\GAMEDATA\COMMON)

Noob Slayer

I was messing with this file in the binary editor, and I found out that there are two textures named the following: DOT.BMP and IGDCRDOT.BMP.
The texture names for the mini-maps are all IGD_MAP.BMP.
I'm thinking that this has something to do with the AI opponent dots on the mini-map (red for the circuit champ, blue for the 4 others).
I then proceeded to switch the "dot" entry with "igdcrdot"

It looked like this: 

gallery_4632_282_59833.jpg

After recompiling my JAM archives, the game crashed. Would any of you have any idea as to why?

I'm not entirely sure what you've actually done, but if I were to hazard a guess... When editing group files like this, the identification names in "speech marks" link to the same names in one or more other files. So if you changed the name "dot" to "igdcrdot" and the game couldn't find "igdcrdot" in another file (or maybe it could but couldn't find "dot" in this file), it'll crash.

If you want to change the colour/appearance of the dots, I suggest simply putting in your own BMPs instead and seeing what happens. If they use transparency it's most likely a pure black (0,0,0) RGB colour used for the transparent colour, and it'll probably be indexed too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.