LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Discussion

lu9

Well, there was not a topic to discuss about this game... so I decided to create one...

And what I can say is... it's amazing! It's really surprising, it doesn't feel like LEGO Star Wars. At all.

First of all, the Menu and UI sounds have changed and they were using the same ones since the first LEGO Star Wars.

And then, the character icons are  actually in 3D and animated. And there's a far superior way to switch characters,

and more characters to customize, and it's pretty fun! I guess the story behind it is original, and not based on an actual movie

(I know nothing about Batman, really :P) And it's just awesome. Plus it was fully dubbed in Portuguese (my language), with original voice actors and some that aren't. Really, my only complain is about that stupid Conan 'o Brian guy... will he ever shut up?

There is a lot of stuff to do too other than the story. And the Characters... there are a lot of Characters. They're all pretty awesome,

and the roster is like a "DC fanboy's wish" because TT brought to the game something that, not a lot of game programmers would do with

famous franchises. Bring classic stuff back, so you can play as the original Batman from 1966! And one of the things you have to do in-game is to rescue Adam West too! Not counting the obscure references, like... freaking Daffy Duck. He's in the game. With the original voice actor (in both English and Portuguese versions, not sure about other languages) Daffy Duck, using Green Lantern's clothes (named as "Green Loontern" like in the Duck Dodgers cartoon parodying Green Lantern) which you must help him to do several missions in the Lantern Planets, and Bat-Mite, which is the "help" person... and other obscure references and characters that are barely DC-related but, in a way or two they actually had some interaction with DC (like Conan 'o Brian and Kevin Smith), there's Krypto the Superdog and Ace the bat-hound too, which is pretty interesting as well, and everything is really neat. Is it like the first LEGO TT game with voice acting or what?

Also the Character Customization is very different from the past TT games. Now, the face is separated from the head. You can select a head color, and then a face to put in. And selecting body parts is now like choosing a character. Which is a lot more convenient. The old way of using the arrows to switch parts is also there yet... there's just something that felt weird, because you could buy some body parts that weren't supposed to be there, like a freaking Collision Test Dummy. Were you actually supposed to have that part? Or was that some test thing that TT forgot to remove? Because the name was even translated... but hey, it's not a bad body part, it could fit some other people too... Aaaand The Collision Test Dummy Hat part is a racing helmet for some reason.

Anyways, I could reach to this conclusion because my cousin got LEGO Batman 3 recently and he's been playing, and today I gave it a try, and we solved some missions together and stuff, and it's awesome. I occasionally ditch TT LEGO games, but this one and the original LEGO Star Wars games (not LSW3)  are the ones who deserve attention. If you're a true Batman fan (I sure am not... yet... lol) you're gonna love this.

This is all I had to say about LB3, If you also played, share your opinion, or your thoughts, if you didn't play it yet, you should. You're not gonna be disappointed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.