Age Of Empires

aidenpons

This is a topic to talk about AOE and share scenarios that you made.

When I say "AOE" I mean "Age Of Empires" and by that I mean "Age Of Empires 1, 2, and 3" and Mythology as well.

(Note: I have AOE1, 2, and Mythology, and I've played AOE3 at a friend's house)

I've just lumped everything into groups by game: everything related to that game is in the group. (Dur.)

Age Of Empires 1 (AOE1)

Scenarios: None yet, though I have a whole load of LoTR scenarios, of which the Siege of Helm's Deep is very fun to play. (I only got about halfway through The Two Towers because I found out that AOE2 existed l405G.jpg) I'll probably upload them soon-ish (hopefully more so than Ayliffe's blog post l405G.jpg)

Bugs/Nuisances:

Is the game throwing hissy fits and saying the disk must be inserted even though it is? We've got around this several times by mucking with the compatibility options and admin levels and various restarts. Re-installing it doesn't help, we found.

Multiplayer via LAN only works on XP and below. I've no clue why: just deal with it. :glasses:l405G.jpg

Age Of Empires 2 (AOE2)

I'll be using several abbreviations here: AoK is Age Of Kings, the original game. AoC is AoK + The Conquerors expansion, which by default comes with the Steam version. AoF is AoC + The Forgotten expansion, which is purchasable on Steam and about half of it is available for free for Non-Steam; I'm just about to get to that.

The Forgotten expansion is free for Non-Steam versions: but it doesn't have everything that the Steam expansion has. This is because it started out as a mod which was free for everyone. Only when they made the move from mod to expansion (with the help of the devs) did it become pricey. So there's stuff in the Steam version that isn't in the Non-Steam. But, AFAIK, it's only missing campaigns, about two map victory conditions, and various small stuff. The civilisations and the Castle Age Technologies are all in the mod version. So's the ludicrously difficult AI (if you can beat it on Hard by yourself, I BOW TO YOU l405G.jpg).

Anyway, you can grab it here.

Bugs: Grass not showing correctly? Water looks like an oil spill's happened?

2 solutions:

1) Win+D or Alt+Tab the game, and then go back into it (this is usually temporary)

2) Problem remains? Change your colour settings (this works for far longer). What I mean by this is change them. I don't care what to, but just change them. And then go back to the game. Usually I've found that the glitch will return after a scenario/game has been completed: just change it again.

Anyway, scenarios. I've got a couple, one of which I made specially for RRU.

Note: Triggers can throw hissy fits. A human player MUST BE PLAYER 1 (Blue) if I've marked it so (and I'll make it clear). If you have two humans, and one wants to be, say, the Greens, then in a multiplayer you need to fill up all the slots with something else so that their colour corresponds to their position. The way to do this is to put Computers before the player, as when they join they will take the first slot open to them: you need to make this the slot of their colour.

To install:

Non-Steam, AoC/AoK : Go to your installation folder. Find the folder called Scenario. Stuff the .scx inside there.

Non-Steam, AoF : Go to your installation folder, then go to Games/Forgotten Empires/Scenario and then stuff the .scx in there.

Steam: I don't know, as I don't have the Steam version, but I'd guess it's a similar process and you stuff the .scx under the Scenario folder.

- The Ace Railgun (I was bored l405G.jpg)

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/184

You play as The Ace Railgun, a souped-up Elite Janissary (don't worry, I banned the AI from making monks l405G.jpg). You must trash several opponents by destroying their Town Centers. Opponents include Minecraft Griefers, Rocket Racer, Chief, the Infomaniac, and two others. l405G.jpg

Human players: 1

Needed players: 7

Lock Teams: On (or else the AI all ally against you, which is a nuisance)

Trigger throw hissy-fits? Nope, and in any case it's 1-player only.

Other Notes: For installation, not only do you stuff the .scx in the scenario folder but you also stuff all the sound files (all of them) under the Sound folder. I'd recommend you put the sound files in first so the scenario knows what it's looking for. Just dump them under AOE2InstallationFolderSoundScenario, apparently for both versions. Though it could be a good idea to stuff them also in AOE2InstallationFolderGamesForgotten EmpiresSoundScenario

Another note: Use the Standard AI.

For your own good. l405G.jpg

Note: Ace, if you take any offence at this or want something changed I'll be happy to be oblige.

Camps

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/185

You control a military camp and must obliterate everyone else by trashing their Castles. Unfortunately, you have no villagers and can only gather resources by trading and by fishing (and of course the complimentary relics l405G.jpg).

Human Players: 1-7

Needed Players: 8

Lock Teams: Set to On, because the AI allies against you.

Triggers throw hissy-fits: Indeed: a human must be player 1 and etc etc etc.

Age Of Empires 3

-None yet, and I don't have the game anyway l405G.jpg

Age Of Mythology

-None yet, partly because The Titans ruined it l405G.jpg

Edited by aidenpons

Fluffy Cupcake

When I say "AOE" I mean "Age Of Empires" and by that I mean "Age Of Empires 1, 2, and 3" and Mythology as well.

Maybe you should add [series] to the title?

Anyway, I'm not a big AOE player, or big on any [RT]S game. I believe I do play Rise Of Nations more than the AOE games though, but hey, I'm not keeping track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.