Windows 7 Frame Rate Issues

Toebex

Hello!

So, recently I re-installed Windows 7 and was finally able to play all my favourite Lego games. However, when I tried to run Rock Raiders, no dice. I came to this forum to look for help on the issue and there was loads. I changed a lot of settings and now the game runs, however the frame rate is so appauling it is impossible to play. It runs at about 1-2 fps at a push. I have over 8GB of ram (but its only letting me use 2.5gb for some reason) yet still it does this. I am running the game in compatibily mode and still the frame rate hurts my eyes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Rory

(but its only letting me use 2.5gb for some reason)

Is that RR is using 2.5GB of RAM or your entire computer only uses 2.5 GB of RAM?

If it's the first, rummage in your Lego.cfg for TextureUsage (near the top) and stuff a couple of extra zeroes on the end. How to do that?

Grab Wad Recycler, and stuff LegoRR1.WAD into it and open Lego.cfg (in LegoRR1, which should now be a folder) with any text editor of your choice. (Since all you're doing is changing one value you can probably use Notepad).

Also, try for some reason it gets rid of lag on Win8, dunno about Win7.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.