"MINECRAFT: Story Mode" announced.

Ayliffe

minecraft_storymode_logo.png

So this is happening.  Um.

Some facts about the game from Mojang themselves:

• Minecraft: Story mode will be a narrative-driven video game created by Telltale Games. It will be about Minecraft.
  • Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
  • The first episode will be released some time in 2015, and will be available on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices.
  • Minecraft: Story Mode will be released episodically, just like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, or the recent Tales from the Borderlands, which is another developer-collaboration series between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
  • We’re not intending on creating an “official†story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.
  • The Minecraft 2 thing was a joke. No really. It was a joke.

So yeah, this is somehow happening.

So yeah, this is somehow happening.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. We have very little idea at all about how this game is going to play. I for one will be holding any thoughts on whether it's good or not until we see some pics (or it didn't happen). ;)

I hope they leave Steve out of it. I really don't want him to have a voice.

Inventing a bunch of characters with different skins seems interesting though.

Someday, someone will come up with a shirt that reads "It is always Tell Tale Games". I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just too common.

As for giving Minecraft a story, doesn't it already have one (*cough* The End *cough*)?

Fluffy Cupcake

I hope they leave Steve out of it.

Except that the name Steve was a joke that everyone took seriously. You're already on the path of characteristic giving by supporting a name for a skin that was suppose to be nameless.

MaelstromIslander

I hope they leave Steve out of it.

Except that the name Steve was a joke that everyone took seriously. You're already on the path of characteristic giving by supporting a name for a skin that was suppose to be nameless.

But the fact we could name it was good for us. If i was to make a minecraft short, would i call steve the Player? No, i'd call him steve. If we were to just call him the player, it would feel more like we were trying to make it seem like everyone in the short knew they were in a game and it loses all sense.

Calling him steve makes the story remain a fictional universe and not act like its /supposed/ to be a game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.