Matoro, Protector of Ice

Phantom Terror

Ooh, me likey. His Kohrak shield with the large white horns looks very nice, far better than that snowflake shield. I don't think the snowflake shield looks good at all: its colour scheme jars a little because of the excessive light blue (that isn't the same as his mask l405G.jpg) and the light grey center.

The grey colour on the body works well with the white of everything else... but I've a complaint: his mask seems a little too blue. The Matoro Matoran did have the same blue-ish legs, which helped that along, but this doesn't and so it looks a little out of place. I'd personally replace it with Kopaka's white mask, but that's me being fussy.

The flag is a nice addition, but I only see one and every time I play MNOG I see upwards of 20. l405G.jpg

The feet are well done and are more of a G2 style, which works quite well.

Phantom Terror

Ooh, me likey. His Kohrak shield with the large white horns looks very nice, far better than that snowflake shield. I don't think the snowflake shield looks good at all: its colour scheme jars a little because of the excessive light blue (that isn't the same as his mask l405G.jpg) and the light grey center.

The grey colour on the body works well with the white of everything else... but I've a complaint: his mask seems a little too blue. The Matoro Matoran did have the same blue-ish legs, which helped that along, but this doesn't and so it looks a little out of place. I'd personally replace it with Kopaka's white mask, but that's me being fussy.

The flag is a nice addition, but I only see one and every time I play MNOG I see upwards of 20. l405G.jpg

The feet are well done and are more of a G2 style, which works quite well.

I thought that the snowflake shield would be a good tribal representation of his element, so I decided to throw that into the MOC. The colors do look a little bit off, but I think that it looks good in his hands. :)

Unfortunately, this is the only color of the original Akaku that I have, and the mask is an important part of the character. If CCBS bones came in sand-blue, I probably would've used them to help spread out the color.

I thought it'd be fun to throw some old in with the new and call back to Matoro's first animated representation from MNOG I where he's hunting a Muaka in the Drifts.

I liked the original two-toed design of the Matoran feet, and wanted to combine the two feet designs. The toes are a little snug, but the work. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.