Regarding LEGO and TT...

lu9

Some Questions and/or Notes.

1. Is there any chance LEGO has forgotten about LEGO Island (and even the Xtreme Stunt sets) and, to LEGO, it's like it never existed right now?

2. I am, to be honest, okay with TT reusing the same game engine for every new LEGO game, I think the idea of it is a very interesting concept, but what I really am tired is of TT making games from the LICENSED LEGO sets...

3. I would be legit hyped and surprised if, heck, even with TT, they made some sort of modern LEGO Racers or LEGO Island, or at least a nod to them in any upcoming game.

3. How many years left to the contract between LEGO and TT to be over again?

4. Don't look at the following pictures unless you want to be really disappointed.

Some Questions and/or Notes.

1. Is there any chance LEGO has forgotten about LEGO Island (and even the Xtreme Stunt sets) and, to LEGO, it's like it never existed right now?

2. I am, to be honest, okay with TT reusing the same game engine for every new LEGO game, I think the idea of it is a very interesting concept, but what I really am tired is of TT making games from the LICENSED LEGO sets...

3. I would be legit hyped and surprised if, heck, even with TT, they made some sort of modern LEGO Racers or LEGO Island, or at least a nod to them in any upcoming game.

4. Don't look at the following pictures unless you want to be really disappointed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3yOnoeIYAAeye1.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3yPHg_IYAA1842.png:large

Quisoves Potoo

LEGO doesn't forget anything. Its heritage is a very powerful asset, and it knows that. It may not be extolling the virtues of its first video game at the moment, but come such a time when it sees it to be beneficial, and LEGO Island will be celebrated as an important and well-loved part of LEGO's history.

The problem is that the TT gimmick relies, in large part, on the translation of a popular franchise to virtual LEGO. I suspect that any non-licensed TT LEGO games will have to have an equivalent draw (such as LEGO City: Undercover's Nintendo connection.)

For my part, I think the problem is not that the engine is reused, but that it is reused without any attempt to build upon itself. Given the number of times it has been used in the past nine years, you'd think it would be amazingly advanced by now. But, in spite of all the fancy effects and huge maps, the system is still the basic "smash-kill-collect studs-reach level's end" that it has always been, just bloated.

I'm not quite certain (a quick search of the internet yields nothing), though I'd say it really doesn't matter until the games experience a severe dip in popularity, something that has yet to happen, as far as I know.

Disappointed? Not really. I'd be unreasonable in expecting everyone in LEGO's target audience, without the presence of an older sibling, to be interested in games that were released at least 12 years ago. 

• Like 1

1 - No, they've been continually referencing it through the years, as with many other popular old themes/games, particularly (but not exclusively) with the collectible minifigures. Many books from the past few years detail LEGO's past themes and games and history as well.

2 - Ok.

3 - Ok.

3 (again?) - The contract goes to 2016 IIRC.

4 - Oh no some kids don't know about games that are probably years older than them. aaaaaaaaa. Do you remember the names and characters and stories of the classic castle, pirates, space, etc themes in the 80s and early 90s? I'd bet most here don't know very much of them, and I wouldn't expect them to. Time moves forward.

• Like 1

ProfessorBrickkeeper

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3yOnoeIYAAeye1.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3yPHg_IYAA1842.png:large

Right away, the names take away any credibility they might have had. Not that they likely had any from the beginning.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.