aidenpons

gallery_7851_358_140163.jpg

What's wrong here, you ask?

Look behind the end bridge pillar.

Yes, that's a car.

The AI decided that it wanted a wash, so steered straight into the bridge, climbed it, and drove off.

... seems logical l405G.jpg

Fluffy Cupcake

Yup, that's LR2's intelligent AI for you.

Well, after driving in that likely bug-infested forest, I'd want to drive into the ocean too for a cleaning if there was no car wash around! ;P

Well, after driving in that likely bug-infested forest, I'd want to drive into the ocean too for a cleaning if there was no car wash around! ;P

well you do drive through the river anyway on that track l405G.jpg

I guess there was just too much to handle. He be all like: ALL DRIVERS FOR THEMSELVES! when driving off into the river. :P

Arthuriel! I request a new comic series! "Insane AI" for all the various games that don't warrant an entire series to themselves! l405G.jpg

Also, you know you've played too much LR2 when driving up that bridge is perfectly normal.

(or maybe too much Freedom Planet...? l405G.jpg)

Fluffy Cupcake

Also, you know you've played too much LR2 when driving up that bridge is perfectly normal.

Yup. Driving up it is a regular routine for DI races. :P

I need you to make a custom checkpoint for on top of that bridge. l405G.jpg

Just not in the middle of a race :P

Fluffy Cupcake

Just not in the middle of a race :P

I'd do it, but it is too stupid for the amount of effort I'd have to put into it. :P

too stupid

Nonsense! l405G.jpg

Also, does the AI plot its own path through the checkpoints (like Stunt Rally) or does it have a preset path (like LR1)? Do you know?

Fluffy Cupcake

I'd say the devs put one preset path, and all the AI follow that path exactly the same (if you haven't noticed a line of AI forming before).

I'd say the devs put one preset path, and all the AI follow that path exactly the same (if you haven't noticed a line of AI forming before).

Have you found that file... or is it hardcoded into the .exe?

The AI following a line could just be them all following their generated path, which would be the same because it'd be the quickest... but it might well be preset. *shrug* I'm no expert on LR2.

The points are in the WRL, and there are multiple things related to it. '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> (AI Quad, AI Section, and AI Supervisor)

I'd say it is a mix of both Racers and SR, perhaps?

So they have a bunch of points they plot a path through? Are those the checkpoints or just random points?

However, in the Mars crystal mine, I've noticed that AI do split up some of the time, suggesting that they've either got a randomized behaviour for that or that there are two equally profitable routes.

Fluffy Cupcake

Honestly, I know just about as much about the AI as the previous guy. I haven't looked too much into it, or became a great observer of their behavior. Wasn't there someone else on this forum that likes to imitate the AI behaviour? Maybe you should ask them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.