aidenpons

gallery_7851_358_9975.jpg

What's that skin you ask? Can I have it you ask?

So, adding to the list of what RR's would rather do instead of defend Rock Raider HQ is to play football. l405G.jpg

• Like 2

*Footbol

What? A quick Google search... what's the difference?

I honestly don't blame them. Playing games is fun. :P

Playing games while the rest of your HQ is crumbling around you is not fun. Do raiders have a conscience or a sense of duty? l405G.jpg

*Footbol

What? A quick Google search... what's the difference?

I honestly don't blame them. Playing games is fun. :P

Playing games while the rest of your HQ is crumbling around you is not fun. Do raiders have a conscience or a sense of duty? l405G.jpg

Football is usually American Football, Footbol is usually The Sport Also Known As Soccer, The One Where You Actually Use Feet On A Ball.

Are Raiders smart enough to have a conscience or a sense of duty?  Do they even remember information long enough to have a conscience? :P

Quisoves Potoo

Are Raiders smart enough to have a conscience or a sense of duty?

Mind you, having a sense of duty does not make you smart. Witness Frederick (who has some gloriously thick lines, such as, in response to "the two words were so much alike," "and still are, though years have rolled over their heads") from the Pirates of Penzance.

Perhaps that's why Rock Raiders are so suicidal. Chief simply reminds them of their sense of duty.

Mind you, having a sense of duty does not make you smart. Witness Frederick (who has some gloriously thick lines, such as, in response to "the two words were so much alike," "and still are, though years have rolled over their heads") from the Pirates of Penzance.

Perhaps that's why Rock Raiders are so suicidal. Chief simply reminds them of their sense of duty.

Yet there must be a minimum level of intelligence in order to have a sense of duty, as well as a minimum information retention time.  If one forgets too quickly, one cannot have a working sense of duty, or at least act on it.  If one does not understand duty itself, one cannot have a sense of duty.

*Footbol, rather.

I honestly don't blame them.  Playing games is fun. :P

Eh? If you mean the English version of Soccer (well, we'd say Soccer was the American version of ours), it is Football.

Quisoves Potoo

Yet there must be a minimum level of intelligence in order to have a sense of duty, as well as a minimum information retention time.  If one forgets too quickly, one cannot have a working sense of duty, or at least act on it.  If one does not understand duty itself, one cannot have a sense of duty.

Quite true. But the Rock Raiders have, to my understanding, at least a bestial level of intelligence, meaning that one could at least have a sense of duty akin to that of a dog. As for their memory, well, I don't own LRR, so I can't say.

Are Raiders smart enough to have a conscience or a sense of duty? Do they even remember information long enough to have a conscience? :P

Quite true. But the Rock Raiders have, to my understanding, at least a bestial level of intelligence, meaning that one could at least have a sense of duty akin to that of a dog. As for their memory, well, I don't own LRR, so I can't say.

Their memory's fairly good: they remember how to miss, how to kill themselves with dynamite, how to drive after doing starjumps... l405G.jpg

They have a duty.

They don't have a sense of duty. This is very obvious form their endless sandwich snacking while defending Rock Raider HQ. (Endless you ask? Well... just set HealthDecayRate to something negative, then watch them eat at the Support Station l405G.jpg)

He's playing American Soccer, most everywhere else Football. Get it right. :P

They're playing a game where you kick an object and don't touch it with your hands... which means that he isn't play football! He's playing handegg rugby!

UP WITH NZ! l405G.jpg

I like the official sport of my nation.  Baseball is fun to play.

I don't like the unofficial and more popular sport of my nation.  It's not fun to play and watching 22 big guys fight eachother over a walnut isn't my idea of fun.

Fluffy Cupcake

I don't like the unofficial and more popular sport of my nation.  It's not fun to play and watching 22 big guys fight eachother over a walnut isn't my idea of fun.

Ahaha. I'd almost call that my country's second most loved sport!

It almost feels like we are going off the topic a bit here, we might as well create a sports topic with the way this train is heading.

I'm such a rebel, I don't like my country's favourite sport. > :P

I don't like the unofficial and more popular sport of my nation

Same here...

Do raiders have any spare time in which to play sports? Or are they always my eternal slaves doing my bidding? l405G.jpg

O.T.
, once again the >:P smiley is broken, splitting into > and :P even when you quote it.

Mine do, I move slowly.

This sentence made no sense..... help?

I mean, even if it's just a short game of hackey sack, it can still have a positive effect on morale.

Knowing Rock Raiders, they'd miss the hackey sack and be playing it in front of a building where a slug was draining the power and a monster was punching. l405G.jpg

I move slowly in strategy games, which means units end up sitting around, able to play hackey sack, more often.

Perhaps... but they'd be happy!

I move slowly in strategy games

I know how you are... I've gotten better. My record is in AOE2, on the Britain map, sitting in Norway and getting large quantities of gold from my ally in France...

... and when I finally made my invasion there wasn't a tree left on the island l405G.jpg.

which means units end up sitting around, able to play hackey sack, more often.

Cirevam: Make a new idle .lws of a raider playing hackey sack. l405G.jpg

I process information really, really slowly.  slower than 70% of all humanity, in fact.

When I finally move, things die.  Quickly.  Defenses first, then a massive army... and when it mobilizes, the earth shakes beneath their boots.

When I finally move, things die. Quickly. Defenses first, then a massive army...

For me, then "then" can be about two hours later in AOE. So plenty of time to find a hackey sack. l405G.jpg

the earth shakes beneath their boots.

For me it's the sea. Naval combat has always been my piece of cake. That's probably because I've never seen an AI actually use it properly. l405G.jpg

Anyway... so what other games might Rock Raiders play aboard the LMS explorer? Hide-And-Seek? l405G.jpg Run-Over-The-Other-Person-In-Your-Hover-Scout? l405G.jpg

Many games of Rock, Paper, Scissors (Rock, Crystal, Raider?), and possibly tag.  You saw how fast they move in the opening cutscene, you don't get that fast without some sort of training :P

I... only recognize half those places...

I only recognise one. l405G.jpg

Anyway... is that video supposed to crack me up laughing? WATCH THE FOOTBALL WATCH THE FOOTBALL IT'S GOING TO MOVE WATCH THE FOOTBALL l405G.jpg

I... only recognize half those places...

I only recognise one. l405G.jpg

Anyway... is that video supposed to crack me up laughing? WATCH THE FOOTBALL WATCH THE FOOTBALL IT'S GOING TO MOVE WATCH THE FOOTBALL l405G.jpg

Well of course the football is going to move, there are 20 or so guys kicking it and fighting eachother over who gets to kick it :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.